Re: [midatlanticretro] Changes in MARCH structure

  • Mike Loewen
    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 1 11:27 AM
      On Thu, 1 Apr 2010, Evan Koblentz wrote:

      > Well the last time I attempted a prank, everyone on cctalk bombarded me
      > and said I went to far ("Tragedy in our hobby...") ..... although I
      > maintain those people were wrong because Jay was in on the joke!

      With all the rain out your way, I'd have thought you were taking over
      as president of the divers group...

      Mike Loewen mloewen@...
      Message 2 of 9 , Apr 1 11:28 AM
        > There are big changes afoot in MARCH's structure.
        >
        > We lasted a solid five years as a small-time club. But now it's too
        > chaotic, and the museum thing just isn't working out as hoped.
        >
        > So, effective today, I am resigning. I'm appointing Dan Roganti as the new MARCH president. Degnan, Andy, the others can go to heck.

        I forget to mention another piece of big news: we finally got corporate
        sponsorship! Microsoft's NY office is giving us a very generous $50,000
        endowment. They'll also be our new exhibit adviser, so expect to see
        less CPM, more Windows.

        > Happy April 1st. :-)

        Sridhar, maybe the people who miss the first message will get this one
        .... I added more lines of white space as you suggested!
      • Bill Degnan
        Message 3 of 9 , Apr 1 11:33 AM
          I bet Dan had a heart attack

          Message 4 of 9 , Apr 1 11:37 AM
            I should have picked Kelly or whoever ....

            > I bet Dan had a heart attack

          • Dan Roganti
            Message 5 of 9 , Apr 1 12:14 PM
              Sridhar Ayengar wrote:
              Evan Koblentz wrote:

              Hi everyone,

              There are big changes afoot in MARCH's structure.

              We lasted a solid five years as a small-time club.  But now it's too
              chaotic, and the museum thing just isn't working out as hoped.

              So, effective today, I am resigning.  I'm appointing Dan Roganti as the
              new MARCH president.  Degnan, Andy, the others can go to heck.

              <heart glitched>  dreading this upheaval, I started running for the hills with my portable CP/M machine, and survival pack in tow

              but then I checked the date on my cell. <whew>
              :)
              =Dan