Re: [midatlanticretro] Changes in MARCH structure

    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 1, 2010
      >> Happy April 1st. :-)
      >>
      > Just a tip, next time, add mode blank lines than that. 8-)

      Well the last time I attempted a prank, everyone on cctalk bombarded me
      and said I went to far ("Tragedy in our hobby...") ..... although I
      maintain those people were wrong because Jay was in on the joke!
    • Sridhar Ayengar
      Message 2 of 9 , Apr 1, 2010
        Evan Koblentz wrote:
        >>> Happy April 1st. :-)
        >>>
        >> Just a tip, next time, add mode blank lines than that. 8-)
        >
        > Well the last time I attempted a prank, everyone on cctalk bombarded me
        > and said I went to far ("Tragedy in our hobby...") ..... although I
        > maintain those people were wrong because Jay was in on the joke!

        Actually, I got a laugh out of that one too.

        Peace... Sridhar
      • Mike Loewen
        Message 3 of 9 , Apr 1, 2010
          On Thu, 1 Apr 2010, Evan Koblentz wrote:

          > Well the last time I attempted a prank, everyone on cctalk bombarded me
          > and said I went to far ("Tragedy in our hobby...") ..... although I
          > maintain those people were wrong because Jay was in on the joke!

          With all the rain out your way, I'd have thought you were taking over
          as president of the divers group...

          Mike Loewen mloewen@...
          Message 4 of 9 , Apr 1, 2010
            > There are big changes afoot in MARCH's structure.
            >
            > We lasted a solid five years as a small-time club. But now it's too
            > chaotic, and the museum thing just isn't working out as hoped.
            >
            > So, effective today, I am resigning. I'm appointing Dan Roganti as the new MARCH president. Degnan, Andy, the others can go to heck.

            I forget to mention another piece of big news: we finally got corporate
            sponsorship! Microsoft's NY office is giving us a very generous $50,000
            endowment. They'll also be our new exhibit adviser, so expect to see
            less CPM, more Windows.

            > Happy April 1st. :-)

            Sridhar, maybe the people who miss the first message will get this one
            .... I added more lines of white space as you suggested!
          • Bill Degnan
            Message 5 of 9 , Apr 1, 2010
              I bet Dan had a heart attack

              Message 6 of 9 , Apr 1, 2010
                I should have picked Kelly or whoever ....

                > I bet Dan had a heart attack

              • Dan Roganti
                Message 7 of 9 , Apr 1, 2010
                  Sridhar Ayengar wrote:
                  Evan Koblentz wrote:

                  Hi everyone,

                  There are big changes afoot in MARCH's structure.

                  We lasted a solid five years as a small-time club.  But now it's too
                  chaotic, and the museum thing just isn't working out as hoped.

                  So, effective today, I am resigning.  I'm appointing Dan Roganti as the
                  new MARCH president.  Degnan, Andy, the others can go to heck.

                  <heart glitched>  dreading this upheaval, I started running for the hills with my portable CP/M machine, and survival pack in tow

                  but then I checked the date on my cell. <whew>
                  :)
                  =Dan