Changes in MARCH structure

    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 1, 2010
      Hi everyone,

      There are big changes afoot in MARCH's structure.

      We lasted a solid five years as a small-time club. But now it's too
      chaotic, and the museum thing just isn't working out as hoped.

      So, effective today, I am resigning. I'm appointing Dan Roganti as the
      new MARCH president. Degnan, Andy, the others can go to heck.

      Happy April 1st. :-)
    • Sridhar Ayengar
      Message 2 of 9 , Apr 1, 2010
        Evan Koblentz wrote:
        > Hi everyone,
        >
        > There are big changes afoot in MARCH's structure.
        >
        > We lasted a solid five years as a small-time club. But now it's too
        > chaotic, and the museum thing just isn't working out as hoped.
        >
        > So, effective today, I am resigning. I'm appointing Dan Roganti as the
        > new MARCH president. Degnan, Andy, the others can go to heck.

        LOL!

        > Happy April 1st. :-)

        Just a tip, next time, add mode blank lines than that. 8-)

        Peace... Sridhar
        Message 3 of 9 , Apr 1, 2010
          >> Happy April 1st. :-)
          >>
          > Just a tip, next time, add mode blank lines than that. 8-)

          Well the last time I attempted a prank, everyone on cctalk bombarded me
          and said I went to far ("Tragedy in our hobby...") ..... although I
          maintain those people were wrong because Jay was in on the joke!
        • Sridhar Ayengar
          Message 4 of 9 , Apr 1, 2010
            Evan Koblentz wrote:
            >>> Happy April 1st. :-)
            >>>
            >> Just a tip, next time, add mode blank lines than that. 8-)
            >
            > Well the last time I attempted a prank, everyone on cctalk bombarded me
            > and said I went to far ("Tragedy in our hobby...") ..... although I
            > maintain those people were wrong because Jay was in on the joke!

            Actually, I got a laugh out of that one too.

            Peace... Sridhar
          • Mike Loewen
            Message 5 of 9 , Apr 1, 2010
              On Thu, 1 Apr 2010, Evan Koblentz wrote:

              > Well the last time I attempted a prank, everyone on cctalk bombarded me
              > and said I went to far ("Tragedy in our hobby...") ..... although I
              > maintain those people were wrong because Jay was in on the joke!

              With all the rain out your way, I'd have thought you were taking over
              as president of the divers group...

              Mike Loewen mloewen@...
              Message 6 of 9 , Apr 1, 2010
                > There are big changes afoot in MARCH's structure.
                >
                > We lasted a solid five years as a small-time club. But now it's too
                > chaotic, and the museum thing just isn't working out as hoped.
                >
                > So, effective today, I am resigning. I'm appointing Dan Roganti as the new MARCH president. Degnan, Andy, the others can go to heck.

                I forget to mention another piece of big news: we finally got corporate
                sponsorship! Microsoft's NY office is giving us a very generous $50,000
                endowment. They'll also be our new exhibit adviser, so expect to see
                less CPM, more Windows.

                > Happy April 1st. :-)

                Sridhar, maybe the people who miss the first message will get this one
                .... I added more lines of white space as you suggested!
              • Bill Degnan
                Message 7 of 9 , Apr 1, 2010
                  I bet Dan had a heart attack

                  Message 8 of 9 , Apr 1, 2010
                    I should have picked Kelly or whoever ....

                    > I bet Dan had a heart attack

                  • Dan Roganti
                    Message 9 of 9 , Apr 1, 2010
                      Sridhar Ayengar wrote:
                      Evan Koblentz wrote:

                      Hi everyone,

                      There are big changes afoot in MARCH's structure.

                      We lasted a solid five years as a small-time club.  But now it's too
                      chaotic, and the museum thing just isn't working out as hoped.

                      So, effective today, I am resigning.  I'm appointing Dan Roganti as the
                      new MARCH president.  Degnan, Andy, the others can go to heck.

                      <heart glitched>  dreading this upheaval, I started running for the hills with my portable CP/M machine, and survival pack in tow

                      but then I checked the date on my cell. <whew>
                      :)
                      =Dan