PET Alive! April 24-May2nd

  • Bill Degnan
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 29, 2010
      It would be apt for those bringing a computer to display at TCF to bring a
      PET so we can make a MARCH publicity entry in this event.. We could take a
      few pics or make a movie. We'd be doing that anyway. Anyone interested?
      Bill

      > Hello,

      A couple of users on the Vintage Computer Forum have decided to
      > celebrate the Commodore PET by launching an event called PET Alive!
      running from
      > April 24th to May 2nd. It will include anything from just arranging your
      PET to
      > look nice, to running some software or even perform some hardware
      > breakthroughs.

      Read more on this
      http://www.vintage-computer.com/vcforum/showthread.php?t=19926

      > suppose in order to participate you would need to be a member of that
      forum, but
      > probably several of us already are. At this point we don't know what the
      outcome
      > will be.

      Best regards

      -- Anders Carlsson
      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 29, 2010
        Perfect. MARCH's PET 2001 needs work. There are reports of a burning
        smell when it was last turned on. Bryan told me that's probably
        something he/we can easily fix. Let's definitely bring it to TCF and
        work on it "live"; let's try to have it fixed by the end of the day.

        > It would be apt for those bringing a computer to display at TCF to bring a PET so we can make a MARCH publicity entry in this event.. We could take a few pics or make a movie. We'd be doing that anyway. Anyone interested?
        > Bill
      • Dan Roganti
        Message 3 of 7 , Mar 29, 2010

          you can't go to TCF without your very own Commodore Trucker hat , now can you ?!  :)
          breaker, breaker...drop the hammer down...
          http://tinyurl.com/ylr6o8g

          =Dan

          Message 4 of 7 , Mar 29, 2010
            You can when the hat costs $18.95 + shipping.

            It would be a lot funnier if the hat had no logo and just text reading: LOAD"*",8,1

            you can't go to TCF without your very own Commodore Trucker hat , now can you ?!  :)
            breaker, breaker...drop the hammer down...
            http://tinyurl.com/ylr6o8g

          • Jeffrey Brace
            Message 5 of 7 , Mar 29, 2010
              I wonder how much it would be for custom made hats that said that: LOAD "*",8,1 ?

              Jeff B

              Message 6 of 7 , Mar 29, 2010

                I can check with the place where we ordered the VCF T-Shirts, just for the curious

                =Dan

                Jeffrey Brace wrote:
                I wonder how much it would be for custom made hats that said that: LOAD "*",8,1 ?

                Jeff B

                You can when the hat costs $18.95 + shipping.

                It would be a lot funnier if the hat had no logo and just text reading: LOAD"*",8,1

              • Timothy Fagan