Re: [midatlanticretro] VIDEO GAMES LIVE announces special guests - Ralph Baer

    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 28, 2010
      I like Ralph, but I sure hope they don't introduce him on TV as "the father of videogames" .... he is not!!!  Ralph is the father of HOME videogames.  There were plenty of videogames before he made the Brown Box.

      VIDEO GAMES LIVE announces special guests - Ralph Baer
      http://www.videogameslive.com/index.php?story=242
      On Thursday, April 1st, 2010 at 8pm, Video Games Live will be performing with the Louisiana Philharmonic Orchestra at the Kenner Pontchartrain Center for a nationwide television special which will start airing July 31, 2010 on PBS

      Special Guests include the creator and “father” of video games, 88 year old legend Ralph Baer.  Mr. Baer will appear on stage to demonstrate his original “brown-box” gaming system and challenge one lucky audience member to a match while the symphony provides the sounds.

      =Dan