Rescue in Downington, PA

  • evan@snarc.net
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 24, 2010
      MARCH needs rescue help. Someone in Downington, PA has some Compaq Portable gear for us -- that's a significant machine which we don't already own. I understand he has several such systems. He's willing to travel a bit to meet someone if necessary, but he also needs to move these soon, not in several weeks.

      Who can help us rescue these and hold them until your next Infoage visit?
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 24, 2010
        Not yet.

        Have you found someone to pick this up ?  I may be traveling near there this Sunday. I'm not sure yet.

        MARCH needs rescue help. Someone in Downington, PA has some Compaq Portable gear for us -- that's a significant machine which we don't already own. I understand he has several such systems. He's willing to travel a bit to meet someone if necessary, but he also needs to move these soon, not in several weeks.

        Who can help us rescue these and hold them until your next Infoage visit?

        __
      • Jeffrey Brace
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 24, 2010
          Have you found someone to pick this up ?  I may be traveling near there this Sunday. I'm not sure yet.

          MARCH needs rescue help. Someone in Downington, PA has some Compaq Portable gear for us -- that's a significant machine which we don't already own. I understand he has several such systems. He's willing to travel a bit to meet someone if necessary, but he also needs to move these soon, not in several weeks.

          Who can help us rescue these and hold them until your next Infoage visit?

        • Jeffrey Frady
          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 24, 2010
            Hour and a half drive or approximately 3.5 gallons of gas for me but I'm willing to do it.  I can head out tomorrow morning and get there around noon.

            --
            See you space cowboy...
          • Bryan Pope
            Message 5 of 5 , Mar 25, 2010
              Speaking of the Compaq Portable, I found this yesterday...

              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pusPxN_7mm8

              Cheers,

              Bryan

              P.S. It is an ad for the Compaq Deskpro and has John Cleese using a
              computer with all the peripherals connected by cables.