Important Message regarding expenses.

  • Degnan
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 4, 2005
      Regarding the thread about the Commodore Saga and Summit NJ

      If I may put on my "VP of the MARCH board" hat...and I am sure I
      speak for Evan who is at the VCF:

      "You have to get authorization for reimbursable expenses from the
      MARCH board prior to making any purchases on behalf of or to the
      benefit of MARCH. That goes for InfoAge as well. Otherwise, these
      expenses should be considered donations to MARCH.

      The items you have purchased may be worth (to a collector) $200+,
      but we get so much free stuff that I believe as a policy that we
      should never pay for any systems, parts or software without a vote.

      I realize that you have gone through an effort to rescue these items
      and you had to make the call what to do. I suggest that you keep
      the items unless you're willing to donate them.

      I will give you some $$ for the Commodore 1581 drives, if they work.

      In the near future we will have an internal swap meet, at that time
      we can buy sell and trade items internally (within MARCH only).

      Bill D

      At Friday, 4 November 2005, you wrote:

      >Hi John,
      > I'm just glancing at your email right now (busy).
      > Sounds like we'll reach capacity (too) soon without too much effort.
      > Your expense of $200. is a large one and I hope a decision not made
      > unwisely.
      > As a veteran seeker and finder, many systems that I have found were
      > free. Future commitments of cash should be done carefully.
      > ...will look more closely at the details you left after emailing
      some
      > MARCH business.
      >
      >John A.

      -- E N D --