Re: [midatlanticretro] Re: Disaster restoration

  • Degnan
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 4, 2005
      ah, then I would get a nice cool beer or two and some super glue.
      No rush and do my best to repair. You have nothing to lose.
      Bill

      At Friday, 04 November 2005, you wrote:

      >--- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, "B. Degnan" <billdeg@d...>
      >wrote:
      >>
      >> Youch!...I would wrap/bag the working pieces and wait for a non-
      >> functioning 12 to come along (ebay or ??), buy it, and then do a
      >> transplant. It would not hurt to try to fix the case, but
      >> load-bearing plastic is hard to recover.
      >> Bill D
      >>
      >Fortunately, it is not the load-bearing plastics that are the most
      >damaged. The structural load for the model 12 basically rests in the
      >bottom tray, and the top shell is fastened to it. Most of the damage
      >was to this shell.
      >
      >Kelly

      -- E N D --
    • John Allain
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 4, 2005
        When a case is as smashed as this one "parts machine" comes to mind,
        that is, there are people with good-looking systems that may no longer
        work and could use the components.
        Another idea: "The visible PC"... just mount everything in a plexiglass
        box.

        Take care with your systems and shelves, Live and Learn.
        John A.