Re: [midatlanticretro] OT:What if google maps were done on a 8bit?

  • Dan Roganti
    Message 1 of 21 , Mar 9, 2010

      Dan Roganti wrote:
      Bryan Pope wrote:
      On 3/8/2010 1:20 PM, Christian Liendo wrote:

      http://8bitnyc.com/

      Sounds interesting, but the website is down/real slow.  But this seems like more history rewriting because it makes it look like 8-bit started with the NES. :-(

      slow on this end too

      it's loading a lot faster this morning
      looks great.

      =Dan

    • Christian Liendo
      Message 2 of 21 , Mar 9, 2010
        OK.. So who is down to take off work and go to this?

        http://www.fanboy.com/2010/03/tron-legacy-the-full-trailer-shows-that-disney-has-a-winner.html#more-14245

      • Dan Roganti
        Message 3 of 21 , Mar 9, 2010

          Christian Liendo wrote:
          OK.. So who is down to take off work and go to this?

          http://www.fanboy.com/2010/03/tron-legacy-the-full-trailer-shows-that-disney-has-a-winner.html#more-14245

          I think there will be a midnight showing as usual, which is always on the eve of the release, that's when I'm going. Don't forget there will be a IMAX 3D release too.

          =Dan

        • Justin Jernigan
          Message 4 of 21 , Mar 9, 2010
            Looks pretty cool -- I tried to access it yesterday but didn't have any luck.

            Looks like he is on tap to do 15 more cities, 8 of which are designated already and another 7 to be voted on. He set up a Kickstarter project and already has 100% funding. He hit nearly $2k of his $3k goal on Day One. That is awesome.

            At the $30 donation level he will let you designate youself on a map, it would be cool if he was doing NJ and we could get MARCH/Infoage on the map.
          • Jeffrey Brace
            Message 5 of 21 , Mar 10, 2010
              The trailer is cool !  Look forward to seeing it. I may even have to find an IMAX 3D in New Jersey (or even NYC) to go see it Smiley emoticon

              I love that Bruce Boxleitner (the original Tron) will be in it. Any idea if Peter Jurasik will be in it or any others from the original ? Of course we know about Jeff Bridges.

                From: Dan Roganti <ragooman@...>
                Subject: Re: [midatlanticretro] OT:What if google maps were done on a 8bit?
                To: midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com
                Date: Tuesday, March 9, 2010, 7:43 AM