Re: [midatlanticretro] OT:What if google maps were done on a 8bit?

  • Dan Roganti
    Message 1 of 21 , Mar 8, 2010
      Bryan Pope wrote:
      On 3/8/2010 1:20 PM, Christian Liendo wrote:

      http://8bitnyc.com/

      Sounds interesting, but the website is down/real slow.  But this seems like more history rewriting because it makes it look like 8-bit started with the NES. :-(

      slow on this end too

      =Dan

      Message 2 of 21 , Mar 8, 2010
        > Which is exactly why I urged you to do a "Franklin Panel" for VCF a few years ago! I probably should have just attached Evan to your ankle.

        Sounds painful.
        Message 3 of 21 , Mar 8, 2010
          > Well, that was completely my fault, not Evan's. He called to ask if I'd have something together for VCF but I was really focused on too many things and completely let the exhibit slip. It also happened around the start of the school year so I was busy with kid stuff.
          >
          > FWIW, one of the three founders and original President of Franklin, Joel Shusterman, said he'd be very interested in participating in something like this. He's a very funny guy with tons of drive and lots of good stories. Joel recently gave me a ton of early Franklin stuff, including framed photos of early products that used to hang in his office, early marketing give-aways, along with 7 or 8 boxes of software, the master copies of some of the documents associated with the Apple lawsuit (ie, the OFFICIAL ones given to Franklin), a Laser 128 personally given to him by the president of Laser, etc. I've got Franklin mugs, pen/pencil sets, screwdrivers, stationary, pins, buttons, faceplates, balloons, kites, posters, and more things than I can think of.

          Plenty of time to prepare all that before VCF East 7.0, sometime in May
          2011 ...... or it could be part of a museum exhibit before then.
        • Dan Roganti
          Message 4 of 21 , Mar 9, 2010

            Dan Roganti wrote:
            Bryan Pope wrote:
            On 3/8/2010 1:20 PM, Christian Liendo wrote:

            http://8bitnyc.com/

            Sounds interesting, but the website is down/real slow.  But this seems like more history rewriting because it makes it look like 8-bit started with the NES. :-(

            slow on this end too

            it's loading a lot faster this morning
            looks great.

            =Dan

          • Christian Liendo
            Message 5 of 21 , Mar 9, 2010
              OK.. So who is down to take off work and go to this?

              http://www.fanboy.com/2010/03/tron-legacy-the-full-trailer-shows-that-disney-has-a-winner.html#more-14245

            • Dan Roganti
              Message 6 of 21 , Mar 9, 2010

                Christian Liendo wrote:
                OK.. So who is down to take off work and go to this?

                http://www.fanboy.com/2010/03/tron-legacy-the-full-trailer-shows-that-disney-has-a-winner.html#more-14245

                I think there will be a midnight showing as usual, which is always on the eve of the release, that's when I'm going. Don't forget there will be a IMAX 3D release too.

                =Dan

              • Justin Jernigan
                Message 7 of 21 , Mar 9, 2010
                  Looks pretty cool -- I tried to access it yesterday but didn't have any luck.

                  Looks like he is on tap to do 15 more cities, 8 of which are designated already and another 7 to be voted on. He set up a Kickstarter project and already has 100% funding. He hit nearly $2k of his $3k goal on Day One. That is awesome.

                  At the $30 donation level he will let you designate youself on a map, it would be cool if he was doing NJ and we could get MARCH/Infoage on the map.
                • Jeffrey Brace
                  Message 8 of 21 , Mar 10, 2010
                    The trailer is cool !  Look forward to seeing it. I may even have to find an IMAX 3D in New Jersey (or even NYC) to go see it Smiley emoticon

                    I love that Bruce Boxleitner (the original Tron) will be in it. Any idea if Peter Jurasik will be in it or any others from the original ? Of course we know about Jeff Bridges.

                      From: Dan Roganti <ragooman@...>
                      Subject: Re: [midatlanticretro] OT:What if google maps were done on a 8bit?
                      To: midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com
                      Date: Tuesday, March 9, 2010, 7:43 AM