Re: [midatlanticretro] OT:What if google maps were done on a 8bit?

  • Bryan Pope
    Message 1 of 21 , Mar 8, 2010
      On 3/8/2010 1:20 PM, Christian Liendo wrote:

      http://8bitnyc.com/

      Sounds interesting, but the website is down/real slow.  But this seems like more history rewriting because it makes it look like 8-bit started with the NES. :-(

      Cheers,

      Bryan

    • Dan Roganti
      Message 2 of 21 , Mar 8, 2010
        Bryan Pope wrote:
        On 3/8/2010 1:20 PM, Christian Liendo wrote:

        http://8bitnyc.com/

        Sounds interesting, but the website is down/real slow.  But this seems like more history rewriting because it makes it look like 8-bit started with the NES. :-(

        slow on this end too

        =Dan

        Message 3 of 21 , Mar 8, 2010
          > Which is exactly why I urged you to do a "Franklin Panel" for VCF a few years ago! I probably should have just attached Evan to your ankle.

          Sounds painful.
          Message 4 of 21 , Mar 8, 2010
            > Well, that was completely my fault, not Evan's. He called to ask if I'd have something together for VCF but I was really focused on too many things and completely let the exhibit slip. It also happened around the start of the school year so I was busy with kid stuff.
            >
            > FWIW, one of the three founders and original President of Franklin, Joel Shusterman, said he'd be very interested in participating in something like this. He's a very funny guy with tons of drive and lots of good stories. Joel recently gave me a ton of early Franklin stuff, including framed photos of early products that used to hang in his office, early marketing give-aways, along with 7 or 8 boxes of software, the master copies of some of the documents associated with the Apple lawsuit (ie, the OFFICIAL ones given to Franklin), a Laser 128 personally given to him by the president of Laser, etc. I've got Franklin mugs, pen/pencil sets, screwdrivers, stationary, pins, buttons, faceplates, balloons, kites, posters, and more things than I can think of.

            Plenty of time to prepare all that before VCF East 7.0, sometime in May
            2011 ...... or it could be part of a museum exhibit before then.
          • Dan Roganti
            Message 5 of 21 , Mar 9, 2010

              Dan Roganti wrote:
              Bryan Pope wrote:
              On 3/8/2010 1:20 PM, Christian Liendo wrote:

              http://8bitnyc.com/

              Sounds interesting, but the website is down/real slow.  But this seems like more history rewriting because it makes it look like 8-bit started with the NES. :-(

              slow on this end too

              it's loading a lot faster this morning
              looks great.

              =Dan

            • Christian Liendo
              Message 6 of 21 , Mar 9, 2010
                OK.. So who is down to take off work and go to this?

                http://www.fanboy.com/2010/03/tron-legacy-the-full-trailer-shows-that-disney-has-a-winner.html#more-14245

              • Dan Roganti
                Message 7 of 21 , Mar 9, 2010

                  Christian Liendo wrote:
                  OK.. So who is down to take off work and go to this?

                  http://www.fanboy.com/2010/03/tron-legacy-the-full-trailer-shows-that-disney-has-a-winner.html#more-14245

                  I think there will be a midnight showing as usual, which is always on the eve of the release, that's when I'm going. Don't forget there will be a IMAX 3D release too.

                  =Dan

                • Justin Jernigan
                  Message 8 of 21 , Mar 9, 2010
                    Looks pretty cool -- I tried to access it yesterday but didn't have any luck.

                    Looks like he is on tap to do 15 more cities, 8 of which are designated already and another 7 to be voted on. He set up a Kickstarter project and already has 100% funding. He hit nearly $2k of his $3k goal on Day One. That is awesome.

                    At the $30 donation level he will let you designate youself on a map, it would be cool if he was doing NJ and we could get MARCH/Infoage on the map.
                  • Jeffrey Brace
                    Message 9 of 21 , Mar 10, 2010
                      The trailer is cool !  Look forward to seeing it. I may even have to find an IMAX 3D in New Jersey (or even NYC) to go see it Smiley emoticon

                      I love that Bruce Boxleitner (the original Tron) will be in it. Any idea if Peter Jurasik will be in it or any others from the original ? Of course we know about Jeff Bridges.

                        From: Dan Roganti <ragooman@...>
                        Subject: Re: [midatlanticretro] OT:What if google maps were done on a 8bit?
                        To: midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com
                        Date: Tuesday, March 9, 2010, 7:43 AM