OT: anyone want an old scope?

  • Bob Applegate
    Message 1 of 12 , Mar 7, 2010
      A co-worker had a flood in his basement a few years ago and his Tektronix 453 scope was under water. Once it dried out, we plugged it in and it does still work. Many of the controls are dirty. I wouldn't use this as my main scope, but it someone wants to clean this up it should be a nice little scope again. Is someone looking for a restoration project who also needs a scope? If you don't want to handle the internals then the case and front panel can still clean up nicely for a static display. It's a dual-trace 50 MHz scope used in professional environments. Ie, this was priced and built for commercial use

      A nice page showing internals and some words on restoration:

      http://www.diyguitarist.com/TestEquipment/Tektronix453.htm

      I'm in south Jersey or can bring it to TCF. Otherwise it goes into trash this week. I've got two other scopes and don't need yet another project.

      Bob
      Message 2 of 12 , Mar 7, 2010
        Bill,

        Very cool.

        Jim

        On 3/7/2010 8:22 AM, B Degnan wrote:

        I finally was able to boot an IBM PC with IBM CP/M-86 1.0.
        Bill

      • evan@snarc.net
        Message 3 of 12 , Mar 7, 2010
          Mazel tov. :)

          I finally was able to boot an IBM PC with IBM CP/M-86 1.0.

          Message 4 of 12 , Mar 7, 2010
            Pictures are here

            evan@... wrote:
            > Mazel tov. :)

          • Bob Schwier
            Message 5 of 12 , Mar 8, 2010
              I live just outside of Philly and am willing to provide it with a good home.
              bs

              Message 6 of 12 , Apr 1, 2010
                As a result of the Ironic Sans blog, I was contacted by the guys who run www.retromaccast.com and did a short interview with them about Franklin Computer:

                http://retromaccast.ning.com/

                Episode 154: The Applegate Tapes

                I think my section started about 20 minutes into the episode. It's also on the iTunes store.

                This site is all about vintage Apple equipment with a particular interest in Macs.

                Bob
              • Christian Liendo
                Message 7 of 12 , Apr 19, 2010
                  I figured a few of you might be interested

                  http://cgi.ebay.com/Rare-Vintage-Franklin-Ace-2200-Computer-Apple-Clone_W0QQitemZ290425143546QQ

                • Bill Degnan
                  Message 8 of 12 , Apr 19, 2010
                    Untested computers are usually junk. Seriously.... Mr 0 feedback person on
                    Ebay...it has a disk, plug the thing into your TV video in and test it.
                    You'll get some sort of prompt.
                    bd

                    Message 9 of 12 , Apr 19, 2010
                      Christian Liendo <christian_liendo@...> wrote :

                      > I figured a few of you might be interestedhttp://cgi.ebay.com/Rare-Vintage-Franklin-Ace-2200-Computer-Apple-Clone_W0QQitemZ290425143546QQ

                      Thanks for the info. Unfortunately it doesn't include the keyboard. Bummer.

                      Bob

                      NOCC, http://nocc.sourceforge.net
                    • Christian Liendo
                      Message 10 of 12 , Apr 20, 2010
                        OK.. Yes this is very geeky..Which makes me want it more

                        http://www.threadless.com/product/2281/My_Other_Ride_Is_a_Light_Cycle

                      • ysgdhio
                        Message 11 of 12 , Apr 20, 2010
                          Is the world really big enough for more than one "Tron Guy"?!
                          http://www.tronguy.net/