IBM CP/M-86 1.0

    Message 1 of 12 , Mar 7, 2010
      I finally was able to boot an IBM PC with IBM CP/M-86 1.0.
      Bill
    • Bob Applegate
      Message 2 of 12 , Mar 7, 2010
        A co-worker had a flood in his basement a few years ago and his Tektronix 453 scope was under water. Once it dried out, we plugged it in and it does still work. Many of the controls are dirty. I wouldn't use this as my main scope, but it someone wants to clean this up it should be a nice little scope again. Is someone looking for a restoration project who also needs a scope? If you don't want to handle the internals then the case and front panel can still clean up nicely for a static display. It's a dual-trace 50 MHz scope used in professional environments. Ie, this was priced and built for commercial use

        A nice page showing internals and some words on restoration:

        http://www.diyguitarist.com/TestEquipment/Tektronix453.htm

        I'm in south Jersey or can bring it to TCF. Otherwise it goes into trash this week. I've got two other scopes and don't need yet another project.

        Bob
        Message 3 of 12 , Mar 7, 2010
          Bill,

          Very cool.

          Jim

        • evan@snarc.net
          Message 4 of 12 , Mar 7, 2010
            Mazel tov. :)

            I finally was able to boot an IBM PC with IBM CP/M-86 1.0.

            Message 5 of 12 , Mar 7, 2010
              Pictures are here

              evan@... wrote:
              > Mazel tov. :)

            • Bob Schwier
              Message 6 of 12 , Mar 8, 2010
                I live just outside of Philly and am willing to provide it with a good home.
                bs

                Message 7 of 12 , Apr 1, 2010
                  As a result of the Ironic Sans blog, I was contacted by the guys who run www.retromaccast.com and did a short interview with them about Franklin Computer:

                  http://retromaccast.ning.com/

                  Episode 154: The Applegate Tapes

                  I think my section started about 20 minutes into the episode. It's also on the iTunes store.

                  This site is all about vintage Apple equipment with a particular interest in Macs.

                  Bob
                • Christian Liendo
                  Message 8 of 12 , Apr 19, 2010
                    I figured a few of you might be interested

                    http://cgi.ebay.com/Rare-Vintage-Franklin-Ace-2200-Computer-Apple-Clone_W0QQitemZ290425143546QQ

                  • Bill Degnan
                    Message 9 of 12 , Apr 19, 2010
                      Untested computers are usually junk. Seriously.... Mr 0 feedback person on
                      Ebay...it has a disk, plug the thing into your TV video in and test it.
                      You'll get some sort of prompt.
                      bd

                      Message 10 of 12 , Apr 19, 2010
                        Christian Liendo <christian_liendo@...> wrote :

                        > I figured a few of you might be interestedhttp://cgi.ebay.com/Rare-Vintage-Franklin-Ace-2200-Computer-Apple-Clone_W0QQitemZ290425143546QQ

                        Thanks for the info. Unfortunately it doesn't include the keyboard. Bummer.

                        Bob

                        NOCC, http://nocc.sourceforge.net
                      • Christian Liendo
                        Message 11 of 12 , Apr 20, 2010
                          OK.. Yes this is very geeky..Which makes me want it more

                          http://www.threadless.com/product/2281/My_Other_Ride_Is_a_Light_Cycle

                        • ysgdhio
                          Message 12 of 12 , Apr 20, 2010
                            Is the world really big enough for more than one "Tron Guy"?!
                            http://www.tronguy.net/