Re: [midatlanticretro] UPDATE on event....Re: VIC-20 Tweeting

    Message 1 of 39 , Feb 26, 2010
      As noted by Dan .... I looked at the thread just now and user
      Sydbolton's posts. He makes several statements of interest to MARCH
      (each followed by my responses below.)

      least resources - 5K of RAM and 1 MHz Processor - being able to Tweet.

      I bet we can beat that!

      have serial capabilities) using a simple command structure I created.
      The VIC is responsible for converting the characters from "PETSCII" to
      "ASCII" ...... The server side currently runs on Windows

      Lame!!!!

      never once claimed this was a native TCP IP situation on the VIC. I used
      a small PC "box". To say it's cheating to communicate would be like
      saying any wireless device that goes through a router is cheating since
      a router is essentially a computer (usually) running Linux. If I put
      that code into a box that was connected directly to the VIC nobody would
      say anything but alas.

      Say what?

      Tweeted

      No, it didn't. It communicated with a Windows PC, and THAT system Tweeted.

      of attention to the beloved VIC-20

      MARCH deserves that attention. Let's make something older than the C-64
      natively Tweet (since the C-64 people already did that with Contiki).
      And/or let's use the serial method to beat this other museum's "record"
      ..... we've got to respond to their challenge using an Altair or IMSAI
      .... and then later our PDP-11/05 just to rub it in. :)

      Message 39 of 39 , Feb 26, 2010