re: [midatlanticretro] Re: Using 2SIO to download BASIC into an Alair without a disk drive or cassette.

  • Bob Applegate
    Message 1 of 15 , Feb 26, 2010
      Bill Degnan <billdeg@...> wrote :

      > I can't tell if it's a page boundary or not.

      If the hex address ends in 00 then it's a page boundary. What was the address where it failed and what type of RAM chips are on the boards?

      ___________________________________
      NOCC, http://nocc.sourceforge.net
    • Bill Degnan
      Message 2 of 15 , Feb 26, 2010

        > Maybe I missed something but the subject implies you're loading a BASIC
        interpreter. That's much larger than a memory test and it won't test
        memory. Use a smaller program that can test your hardware before trying to
        load something larger.

        > You're still using unknown RAM, but a memory test is a lot smaller and
        will use less unknown RAM to run.

        > The other thing is that I seem to remember your failure happened at a
        page boundary. How big are the RAM chips and what was the address again?
        Maybe it happened on a chip boundary.

        I can't tell if it's a page boundary or not.

        I am working through this web site:
        http://www.solivant.com/altair_bootloaders/index.php?album=altair_bootloader
        s&pagen=1

        I will keep at it. I have followed every page closely including the
        troubleshooting section.

        Bill
      • Bill Degnan
        Message 3 of 15 , Feb 26, 2010
          I will take a look. I may not have a terminator that works. I have to
          check
          bd