DOS web site interface

  • Degnan
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 31, 2005
      How about this for a command prompt interface:

      vintagecomputer.net

      p.s. note the inventory directory - yes that's our MARCH inventory
      system (still in Beta) If anyone is interested in assisting with
      testing, I will take the first two or three who fill out the first
      time user form. The layout is not set to the MARCH official scheme,
      and the site is not public yet so don't post the URL to any boards
      or anything out side of this group.

      Bill D

      At Monday, 31 October 2005, you wrote:

      >Jim Scheef wrote:
      >> In today's context, this message is a liitle out of the blue.
      It sat in
      >> "drafts" for a long time. I meant to delete it and clicked the
      wrong button.
      >> Oh well!
      >>
      >> ...I really do miss CompuServe, the best of the old online services,
      and
      >> freeshell.org is a true "vintage experience".
      >
      >Why is freeshell.org a vintage experience? I still use a shell to do
      >most of my work, both at home *and at work*. I use a shell to make my
      >living.
      >
      >Calling it vintage is calling the CLI outdated is calling UNIX outdated.

      >Peace... Sridhar

      -- E N D --
    • Sridhar Ayengar
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 31, 2005
        Degnan wrote:
        > How about this for a command prompt interface:
        >
        > vintagecomputer.net
        >

        > p.s. note the inventory directory - yes that's our MARCH inventory
        > system (still in Beta) If anyone is interested in assisting with
        > testing, I will take the first two or three who fill out the first
        > time user form. The layout is not set to the MARCH official scheme,
        > and the site is not public yet so don't post the URL to any boards
        > or anything out side of this group.

        The dir flags don't work yet. 8-)

        Peace... Sridhar
      • Kelly Leavitt
        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 31, 2005
          FYI:
          http://www.vintagecomputer.net/tandy/tandy_unknown_board_2.jpg

          is a hard drive interface for the model II,16,6000. It expects a wd1002-hdo
          or similar on the other end.

          Kelly
        • Degnan
          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 31, 2005
            Sridhar,
            It's just a fancy form, not a true emulator, just for fun. I don't
            have the time to program every flag and every nuance of dos.
            bd

            At Monday, 31 October 2005, you wrote:

            >Degnan wrote:
            >> How about this for a command prompt interface:
            >>
            >> vintagecomputer.net
            >>

            >> p.s. note the inventory directory - yes that's our MARCH inventory
            >> system (still in Beta) If anyone is interested in assisting with
            >> testing, I will take the first two or three who fill out the first
            >> time user form. The layout is not set to the MARCH official scheme,
            >> and the site is not public yet so don't post the URL to any boards
            >> or anything out side of this group.
            >
            >The dir flags don't work yet. 8-)
            >
            >Peace... Sridhar

            -- E N D --
          • Sridhar Ayengar
            Message 5 of 6 , Oct 31, 2005
              Degnan wrote:
              > Sridhar,
              > It's just a fancy form, not a true emulator, just for fun. I don't
              > have the time to program every flag and every nuance of dos.

              Oh you wrote that yourself? I'm impressed. I thought it was an applet
              front-end to a DOS window or something.

              Peace... Sridhar
            • Degnan
              Message 6 of 6 , Nov 1, 2005
                from time to time I write more commands into the interface. if you
                have any special requests, let me know and I will attempt them as
                a challenge! I was just about to work on the MODE command.
                bd

                At Monday, 31 October 2005, you wrote:

                >Degnan wrote:
                >> Sridhar,
                >> It's just a fancy form, not a true emulator, just for fun. I don't
                >> have the time to program every flag and every nuance of dos.
                >
                >Oh you wrote that yourself? I'm impressed. I thought it was an
                applet
                >front-end to a DOS window or something.
                >
                >Peace... Sridhar

                -- E N D --