Teletype available

    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 22, 2010
      Someone in Piscataway, N.J. would like to find a buyer for a teletype.
      His name is Joe; he's at 908-565-0619 and joewvu@.... He didn't
      suggest a price; not sure what model this is. He sent some pictures
      which I put here:

      http://www.snarc.net/tty1.jpg
      http://www.snarc.net/tty2.jpg
      http://www.snarc.net/tty3.jpg
      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 22, 2010
        Evan Koblentz wrote:
        > Someone in Piscataway, N.J. would like to find a buyer for a teletype.
        > His name is Joe; he's at 908-565-0619 and joewvu@.... He didn't
        > suggest a price; not sure what model this is. He sent some pictures
        > which I put here:
        >
        > http://www.snarc.net/tty1.jpg
        > http://www.snarc.net/tty2.jpg
        > http://www.snarc.net/tty3.jpg

        Never saw one like that before. Looks to be similar to the ASR 33
        generation.
        Bill
      • Mike Loewen
        Message 3 of 7 , Feb 22, 2010
          On Mon, 22 Feb 2010, Evan Koblentz wrote:

          > Someone in Piscataway, N.J. would like to find a buyer for a teletype.
          > His name is Joe; he's at 908-565-0619 and joewvu@.... He didn't
          > suggest a price; not sure what model this is. He sent some pictures
          > which I put here:
          >
          > http://www.snarc.net/tty1.jpg
          > http://www.snarc.net/tty2.jpg
          > http://www.snarc.net/tty3.jpg

          Looks like an ASR-35:

          http://www.tpsoft.com/museum_images/Teletype%20ASR-35%203.JPG

          Interesting machine!

          Mike Loewen mloewen@...
        • David Gesswein
          Message 4 of 7 , Feb 22, 2010
            > not sure what model this is. He sent some pictures
            > which I put here:
            >
            > http://www.snarc.net/tty1.jpg
            > http://www.snarc.net/tty2.jpg
            > http://www.snarc.net/tty3.jpg

            Looks like an ASR-35 which is the heavy duty equivalent of the 33.
            Message 5 of 7 , Feb 22, 2010
            • Mr Ian Primus
              Message 6 of 7 , Feb 22, 2010
                --- On Mon, 2/22/10, Evan Koblentz <evan@...> wrote:
                > not sure what model this is.

                That's an ASR-35. I've actually been looking for one of those for quite some time now... I've sent him an email.

                -Ian
                Message 7 of 7 , Feb 22, 2010
                  David wrote: >>> Looks like an ASR-35
                  Mike L. wrote: >>> Looks like an ASR-35