before you spend that $10,000..

  • Bill Degnan
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 18, 2010
      consider this great deal - $10000 for a Kaypro II

      http://cgi.ebay.com/Kaypro-Portable-Computer_W0QQitemZ150415368671
      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 18, 2010
        > consider this great deal - $10000 for a Kaypro II
        >
        > http://cgi.ebay.com/Kaypro-Portable-Computer_W0QQitemZ150415368671

        We could sell one of MARCH's for half that and have a budget for the
        next three years!
        Message 3 of 7 , Feb 18, 2010
          Evan Koblentz wrote:
          consider this great deal - $10000 for a Kaypro II

          http://cgi.ebay.com/Kaypro-Portable-Computer_W0QQitemZ150415368671

          We could sell one of MARCH's for half that and have a budget for the
          next three years!

          good thinking.
        • Bryan Pope
          Message 4 of 7 , Feb 18, 2010
            On 2/18/2010 9:20 PM, Bill Degnan wrote:
            > consider this great deal - $10000 for a Kaypro II
            >
            > http://cgi.ebay.com/Kaypro-Portable-Computer_W0QQitemZ150415368671

            I am sure what caused the price of this Kaypro to be so high is the
            ultra-rare white 5 1/4" floppy drive head shock absorbing tool pictured
            just to the right of the Kaypro. I don't think I have ever seen one in
            such pristine condition!

            Cheers,

            Bryan
          • Christian Liendo

              Message 6 of 7 , Feb 20, 2010
                Says the seller, in response to my question: "We can not deny some of the rare and miracle transactions that have processed through EBay."  I guess he's hoping for one idiot.  That's like investing your money in lottery tickets and hoping for a miracle.  Or, he can later say, "Well look how much the last one sold for .... "

              • jaj@totallyamused.com
                Message 7 of 7 , Feb 20, 2010
                  You'd think for $10k they would at least give you free shipping.

                  I always like to think that someone just made an error with Turbolister when I see those listings, i.e. they meant to put $100.00 and the decimal got dropped and resulted in a $10000 starting bid - but I see their response to you and realize they are really idiots.

                  Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

                  From: Evan Koblentz <evan@...>
                  Date: Sat, 20 Feb 2010 20:27:47 -0500
                  To: <midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com>