FREE DECPrinter I

  • trojan_eldorado
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 18, 2010
      I'm giving away my DECPrinter I. It powers up and passes the self-test print. However it doesn't respond to incoming signals. It has the serial interface, so I'm guessing it's a bad 1488 or 1489. I'd like to keep it, but I really need to free up space right now. I've cleaned it up some, and gotten rid of most of the nasty foam inside, so it should have good restoration potential. It's also been oiled a bit.

      Certainly a fixable printer, I just have too much stuff right now, and not enough space! I'd really like it gone by this weekend because I'm having company over, and it's currently sitting in my bedroom!

      I live in Shawnee on Delaware, PA 18356.

      -Jon
    • Dan Roganti
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 20, 2010

        I know this is kinda short notice.
        Would there be anyone in the area that could help with rescue ?
        I would gladly pay for your help, gas, food, etc.
        As I won't be in the area until the next workshop on Mar.20th.

        thanks
        =Dan

        trojan_eldorado wrote:
        I'm giving away my DECPrinter I. It powers up and passes the self-test print. However it doesn't respond to incoming signals. It has the serial interface, so I'm guessing it's a bad 1488 or 1489. I'd like to keep it, but I really need to free up space right now. I've cleaned it up some, and gotten rid of most of the nasty foam inside, so it should have good restoration potential. It's also been oiled a bit.

        Certainly a fixable printer, I just have too much stuff right now, and not enough space! I'd really like it gone by this weekend because I'm having company over, and it's currently sitting in my bedroom!

        I live in Shawnee on Delaware, PA 18356.

        -Jon

        <*> Your email settings:
            Individual Email | Traditional

        <*> To change settings online go to: