3/20 (drives) and 4/10 (CP/M) workshops

  • Bill Degnan
    Message 1 of 39 , Feb 15, 2010
      Just a show of hands...who is planning on coming toeither the 3/20 (disk
      drives and i/o) or 4/10 (CP/M) workshops?

      Who would like to go but can't for schedule reasons?

      We have three people registered for the CP/M workshop so far, there is
      space for more.

      Learn CP/M, it's the next big thing. Seriously, these next two workshops
      are going to be an excellent way to learn how to bootstrap a S-100 system.

      Maybe someone could help make a YouTube video to document the event for
      people who can't attend?

      Message 39 of 39 , Feb 26, 2010
        As noted by Dan .... I looked at the thread just now and user
        Sydbolton's posts. He makes several statements of interest to MARCH
        (each followed by my responses below.)

        least resources - 5K of RAM and 1 MHz Processor - being able to Tweet.

        I bet we can beat that!

        have serial capabilities) using a simple command structure I created.
        The VIC is responsible for converting the characters from "PETSCII" to
        "ASCII" ...... The server side currently runs on Windows

        Lame!!!!

        never once claimed this was a native TCP IP situation on the VIC. I used
        a small PC "box". To say it's cheating to communicate would be like
        saying any wireless device that goes through a router is cheating since
        a router is essentially a computer (usually) running Linux. If I put
        that code into a box that was connected directly to the VIC nobody would
        say anything but alas.

        Say what?

        Tweeted

        No, it didn't. It communicated with a Windows PC, and THAT system Tweeted.

        of attention to the beloved VIC-20

        MARCH deserves that attention. Let's make something older than the C-64
        natively Tweet (since the C-64 people already did that with Contiki).
        And/or let's use the serial method to beat this other museum's "record"
        ..... we've got to respond to their challenge using an Altair or IMSAI
        .... and then later our PDP-11/05 just to rub it in. :)