NES sells for $13K

    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 12, 2010
      http://tinyurl.com/y964aha

      NES sells for $13K because of rare game.
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 12, 2010
        Evan Koblentz wrote:
        http://tinyurl.com/y964aha

        NES sells for $13K because of rare game.

        More like Stadium Events sells for $13,000 and they threw in an NES with it.
      • jaj@totallyamused.com
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 12, 2010
          IIRC that is the 2nd one in the past 12-18 months to go for over $10k.

          Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

          From: Evan Koblentz <evan@...>
          Date: Fri, 12 Feb 2010 21:05:04 -0500
          To: Yahoo MARCH Yahoo<midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com>
          Subject: [midatlanticretro] NES sells for $13K

          http://tinyurl. com/y964aha

          NES sells for $13K because of rare game.

        • madodel
          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 12, 2010
            Evan Koblentz wrote:

            > *http://tinyurl.com/y964aha
            >
            > NES sells for $13K because of rare game.

            I bought my son a replica NES system and about 20 games on eBay. The group
            included the Duck Hunt and Super Mario 3, but it was a bit less then 13k.
            I think I paid about $50 for everything. But no game boxes. I would have
            bought an original NES game system, but I've bought 2 Atari 2600's so far
            and neither works, so I thought the replica was a safer bet since it was a
            Christmas present. It is amazing that my kid loves that ancient stuff even
            though he has several DS's and a Wii.

            Mark