Re: [midatlanticretro] Re: Commodore 64 Question

  • Bill Dromgoole
    Message 1 of 16 , Feb 12, 2010
      The difference in current availability of the power supply will not make any
      difference.
      You said earlier that you had a black screen.
      If you turn on the TV and have a snowy picture and then when you turn on the
      C-64 it turns black or just blank,
      it means the video chip and modulator in the C-64 are functioning.
      There is probably something else wrong in the C-64.

      The best bet is to set up another C-64 that works OK and then swap out the
      computer to remove all doubt.
      I can bring a computer to spring fling for testing if you can't find another
      before then.

      billdrom