Re: [midatlanticretro] OT: MARCHins vs. Snowmageddon!

  • Brian Schenkenberger, VAXman-
    Message 1 of 25 , Feb 10, 2010
      Jeffrey Frady <Legodude522@...> writes:

      >On my way home now from work. 195 in NJ doesn't even seem like it was
      >ever plowed. Got out of work at 3 and we had the company snowball fight

      Where is where work and home?

      "And though it seems they smile with glee, I know in truth they envy me
      and watch as my befuddled brain, shines on brightly quite insane"
    • Bryan Pope
      Message 2 of 25 , Feb 10, 2010
        On 2/10/2010 6:01 PM, Christian Liendo wrote:
        > I bet you guys wished you had this
        >
        > http://hackaday.com/2010/02/01/snow-blower-robot/

        skynet whatcouldpossiblygowrong

        Cheers,

        Bryan
      • Jeffrey Frady
        Message 3 of 25 , Feb 10, 2010
          Hello VAXman, to clarify, I work in Hightstown and live in Jackson.  And then if I continue going east on 195, I'd hit InfoAge.

          --
          See you space cowboy...
        • David Gesswein
          Message 4 of 25 , Feb 10, 2010
            > How's everyone holding up? Especially those in MD/DC areas ...
            > Gesswein, Sudbrink, etc.

            Not too bad. Have about 2 feet 4 inches. Didn't go to work monday since my
            street wasn't plowed. Took today off also. At least I had power. A friend
            lost it friday night and didn't get it back until tuesday. I have a tree
            down in the back yard but it didn't hit anything so just more for the
            todo list.
          • Brian Schenkenberger, VAXman-
            Message 5 of 25 , Feb 11, 2010
              David Gesswein <djg@...> writes:

              >> How's everyone holding up? Especially those in MD/DC areas ... >
              >Gesswein, Sudbrink, etc. > Not too bad. Have about 2 feet 4 inches.
              >Didn't go to work monday since my street wasn't plowed. Took today off
              >also. At least I had power. A friend lost it friday night and didn't get
              >it back until tuesday. I have a tree down in the back yard but it didn't
              >hit anything so just more for the todo list.

              The comms lines from the poll to the house were quite ice ladden here and
              hanging quite low. I took a long piece of wood and knocked off the ice.
              A couple of power hits here too. Nothing more than about 5 minute without
              power. Fortunately, I have 2 2200VA UPS each with external extra battery
              units. I'm good for about 8 hours, with reduced load, on those.

              As soon as we're shovelled out from this one, there's more on the way too.

              "And though it seems they smile with glee, I know in truth they envy me
              and watch as my befuddled brain, shines on brightly quite insane"
            • Bob Schwier
              Message 6 of 25 , Feb 11, 2010
                Lets see, I'm finally recovering from this morning's exercise regimen.  My car
                is free but I hope I can get to the garage before March.
                Fourth time this week.
                bs