Re: [midatlanticretro] OT: MARCHins vs. Snowmageddon!

  • Brian Schenkenberger, VAXman-
    Message 1 of 25 , Feb 10, 2010
      Jeffrey Frady <Legodude522@...> writes:

      >On my way home now from work. 195 in NJ doesn't even seem like it was
      >ever plowed. Got out of work at 3 and we had the company snowball fight

      Where is where work and home?

      "And though it seems they smile with glee, I know in truth they envy me
      and watch as my befuddled brain, shines on brightly quite insane"
    • Christian Liendo
      Message 2 of 25 , Feb 10, 2010
        A lot of slush, but Top of the Rock is open and the view is awesome

        --- On Wed, 2/10/10, Evan Koblentz <evan@...> wrote:

        > Must be fun to wander Manhattan in the snow .... I used to
        > have lots of
        > fun in this weather when I lived in downtown Boston.

      • Christian Liendo
        Message 3 of 25 , Feb 10, 2010
          I bet you guys wished you had this

          http://hackaday.com/2010/02/01/snow-blower-robot/

        • Bryan Pope
          Message 4 of 25 , Feb 10, 2010
            On 2/10/2010 6:01 PM, Christian Liendo wrote:
            > I bet you guys wished you had this
            >
            > http://hackaday.com/2010/02/01/snow-blower-robot/

            skynet whatcouldpossiblygowrong

            Cheers,

            Bryan
          • Jeffrey Frady
            Message 5 of 25 , Feb 10, 2010
              Hello VAXman, to clarify, I work in Hightstown and live in Jackson.  And then if I continue going east on 195, I'd hit InfoAge.

              --
              See you space cowboy...
            • David Gesswein
              Message 6 of 25 , Feb 10, 2010
                > How's everyone holding up? Especially those in MD/DC areas ...
                > Gesswein, Sudbrink, etc.

                Not too bad. Have about 2 feet 4 inches. Didn't go to work monday since my
                street wasn't plowed. Took today off also. At least I had power. A friend
                lost it friday night and didn't get it back until tuesday. I have a tree
                down in the back yard but it didn't hit anything so just more for the
                todo list.
              • Brian Schenkenberger, VAXman-
                Message 7 of 25 , Feb 11, 2010
                  David Gesswein <djg@...> writes:

                  >> How's everyone holding up? Especially those in MD/DC areas ... >
                  >Gesswein, Sudbrink, etc. > Not too bad. Have about 2 feet 4 inches.
                  >Didn't go to work monday since my street wasn't plowed. Took today off
                  >also. At least I had power. A friend lost it friday night and didn't get
                  >it back until tuesday. I have a tree down in the back yard but it didn't
                  >hit anything so just more for the todo list.

                  The comms lines from the poll to the house were quite ice ladden here and
                  hanging quite low. I took a long piece of wood and knocked off the ice.
                  A couple of power hits here too. Nothing more than about 5 minute without
                  power. Fortunately, I have 2 2200VA UPS each with external extra battery
                  units. I'm good for about 8 hours, with reduced load, on those.

                  As soon as we're shovelled out from this one, there's more on the way too.

                  "And though it seems they smile with glee, I know in truth they envy me
                  and watch as my befuddled brain, shines on brightly quite insane"
                • Bob Schwier
                  Message 8 of 25 , Feb 11, 2010
                    Lets see, I'm finally recovering from this morning's exercise regimen.  My car
                    is free but I hope I can get to the garage before March.
                    Fourth time this week.
                    bs