Re: [midatlanticretro] OT: MARCHins vs. Snowmageddon!

  • Brian Schenkenberger, VAXman-
    Message 1 of 25 , Feb 10, 2010
      Jeffrey Frady <Legodude522@...> writes:

      >On my way home now from work. 195 in NJ doesn't even seem like it was
      >ever plowed. Got out of work at 3 and we had the company snowball fight

      Where is where work and home?

      "And though it seems they smile with glee, I know in truth they envy me
      and watch as my befuddled brain, shines on brightly quite insane"
    • Mike Loewen
      Message 2 of 25 , Feb 10, 2010
        On Wed, 10 Feb 2010, Barry L. Kline wrote:

        > Mike Loewen wrote:
        >
        >> We only had 14" over the weekend and another 3" last night in State
        >> College. We were expected to have a foot by tomorrow morning, but it
        >> doesn't look like it.
        >
        > I hope that you knocked on wood after you typed that. It's coming down
        > buckets over here in Huntingdon Mike and if it crosses the mountain,
        > you're in for it!

        Nah, it looks like it's going to stay on your side of the ridge. :-)
        At any rate, my snowblower and I are ready.

        Mike Loewen mloewen@...
      • Christian Liendo
        Message 3 of 25 , Feb 10, 2010
          A lot of slush, but Top of the Rock is open and the view is awesome

          --- On Wed, 2/10/10, Evan Koblentz <evan@...> wrote:

          > Must be fun to wander Manhattan in the snow .... I used to
          > have lots of
          > fun in this weather when I lived in downtown Boston.

        • Christian Liendo
          Message 4 of 25 , Feb 10, 2010
            I bet you guys wished you had this

            http://hackaday.com/2010/02/01/snow-blower-robot/

          • Bryan Pope
            Message 5 of 25 , Feb 10, 2010
              On 2/10/2010 6:01 PM, Christian Liendo wrote:
              > I bet you guys wished you had this
              >
              > http://hackaday.com/2010/02/01/snow-blower-robot/

              skynet whatcouldpossiblygowrong

              Cheers,

              Bryan
            • Jeffrey Frady
              Message 6 of 25 , Feb 10, 2010
                Hello VAXman, to clarify, I work in Hightstown and live in Jackson.  And then if I continue going east on 195, I'd hit InfoAge.

                --
                See you space cowboy...
              • David Gesswein
                Message 7 of 25 , Feb 10, 2010
                  > How's everyone holding up? Especially those in MD/DC areas ...
                  > Gesswein, Sudbrink, etc.

                  Not too bad. Have about 2 feet 4 inches. Didn't go to work monday since my
                  street wasn't plowed. Took today off also. At least I had power. A friend
                  lost it friday night and didn't get it back until tuesday. I have a tree
                  down in the back yard but it didn't hit anything so just more for the
                  todo list.
                • Brian Schenkenberger, VAXman-
                  Message 8 of 25 , Feb 11, 2010
                    David Gesswein <djg@...> writes:

                    >> How's everyone holding up? Especially those in MD/DC areas ... >
                    >Gesswein, Sudbrink, etc. > Not too bad. Have about 2 feet 4 inches.
                    >Didn't go to work monday since my street wasn't plowed. Took today off
                    >also. At least I had power. A friend lost it friday night and didn't get
                    >it back until tuesday. I have a tree down in the back yard but it didn't
                    >hit anything so just more for the todo list.

                    The comms lines from the poll to the house were quite ice ladden here and
                    hanging quite low. I took a long piece of wood and knocked off the ice.
                    A couple of power hits here too. Nothing more than about 5 minute without
                    power. Fortunately, I have 2 2200VA UPS each with external extra battery
                    units. I'm good for about 8 hours, with reduced load, on those.

                    As soon as we're shovelled out from this one, there's more on the way too.

                    "And though it seems they smile with glee, I know in truth they envy me
                    and watch as my befuddled brain, shines on brightly quite insane"
                  • Bob Schwier
                    Message 9 of 25 , Feb 11, 2010
                      Lets see, I'm finally recovering from this morning's exercise regimen.  My car
                      is free but I hope I can get to the garage before March.
                      Fourth time this week.
                      bs