Idea ....

    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 8, 2010
      Do you guys know about AFCOM? I've been aware of this organization for
      many years -- it's a trade group for data center professionals. I
      interviewed their founder and wrote about them a few times during my
      career. Anyway, tonight I discovered their local chapter:
      http://www.afcommidlantic.com .... I'm going to contact them and see if
      they'll let me give a talk at an upcoming meeting. That might bring us
      some new members, equipment, VCF attendees, or (ideally) financial
      sponsorship. There's also a New York chapter, same deal.....
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 9, 2010
        Evan Koblentz wrote:
        > Do you guys know about AFCOM? I've been aware of this organization for
        > many years -- it's a trade group for data center professionals. I
        > interviewed their founder and wrote about them a few times during my
        > career. Anyway, tonight I discovered their local chapter:
        > http://www.afcommidlantic.com .... I'm going to contact them and see if
        > they'll let me give a talk at an upcoming meeting. That might bring us
        > some new members, equipment, VCF attendees, or (ideally) financial
        > sponsorship. There's also a New York chapter, same deal.....

        Never heard of them, but in addition to our group, also as a data center
        professional, I would be willing to participate.