Re: [midatlanticretro] ELF simulator

  • Dan Roganti
    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 6, 2010

      you remember Rich's emulator right ?
      He took the work from Claus (those on the ELF site) and built it up even further. It comes with several modules besides the Altair 8800,  floppy drive, harddisk , cassette, papertape, line printer and the Dazzler video display.
      I use it mostly for CP/M emulation, it's great.
      http://www.altair32.com/Altair32code.htm

      =Dan

      B Degnan wrote:
      Wow, that is so cool.  Thanks for the link.  This is perfect for
      teaching students.
      Bill

      Ray Sills wrote:

      Hi Gang:

      I found this site via an 1802 list.  It's a simulator for the
      original ELF machine.  Also on the site are simulators for the Altair
      8800b and the IMSAI 8080.

      <http://incolor.inetnebr.com/bill_r/computer_simulators.htm>

      73 de Ray

      (who is very much snowed in, in Warrington, PA)

      <*> Your email settings:
          Individual Email | Traditional

      <*> To change settings online go to:
          (Yahoo! ID required)

      <*> To change settings via email:
          midatlanticretro-digest@yahoogroups.com

          http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

    • Christian Liendo
      Message 2 of 8 , Feb 8, 2010
        http://spectrum.ieee.org/semiconductors/processors/25-microchips-that-shook-the-world/0

        They are in no particular order but some listed

        Zilog Z80
        MOS 6502
        ARM1
        Intel 8088

        At least they kinda mentioned the 1802
        "Where’s the radiation-hardened military-grade RCA 1802 processor that was the brains of numerous spacecraft?"

        Message 3 of 8 , Feb 8, 2010

          http://spectrum.ieee.org/semiconductors/processors/25-microchips-that-shook-the-world/0

          They are in no particular order but some listed

          Zilog Z80
          MOS 6502
          ARM1
          Intel 8088

          At least they kinda mentioned the 1802
          "Where’s the radiation-hardened military-grade RCA 1802 processor that was the brains of numerous spacecraft?"

          Didn't you or someone post this last year?
        • Christian Liendo
          Message 4 of 8 , Feb 8, 2010
            I posted the PC World one.. I don't remember an IEEE one.

            Message 5 of 8 , Feb 8, 2010
              http://hackaday.com/2010/02/08/modded-c64-eye-candy/

            • Jeffrey Brace
              Message 6 of 8 , Feb 8, 2010
                very cool !  thanks for sharing Christian !

                Jeff B.