Re: [midatlanticretro] ELF simulator

    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 6, 2010
      Wow, that is so cool. Thanks for the link. This is perfect for
      teaching students.
      Bill

      Ray Sills wrote:
      > Hi Gang:
      >
      > I found this site via an 1802 list. It's a simulator for the
      > original ELF machine. Also on the site are simulators for the Altair
      > 8800b and the IMSAI 8080.
      >
      > <http://incolor.inetnebr.com/bill_r/computer_simulators.htm>
      >
      > 73 de Ray
      >
      > (who is very much snowed in, in Warrington, PA)

    • Dan Roganti
      Message 2 of 8 , Feb 6, 2010

        you remember Rich's emulator right ?
        He took the work from Claus (those on the ELF site) and built it up even further. It comes with several modules besides the Altair 8800,  floppy drive, harddisk , cassette, papertape, line printer and the Dazzler video display.
        I use it mostly for CP/M emulation, it's great.
        http://www.altair32.com/Altair32code.htm

        =Dan

        Ray Sills wrote:

        Hi Gang:

        I found this site via an 1802 list.  It's a simulator for the
        original ELF machine.  Also on the site are simulators for the Altair
        8800b and the IMSAI 8080.

        <http://incolor.inetnebr.com/bill_r/computer_simulators.htm>

        73 de Ray

        (who is very much snowed in, in Warrington, PA)

        <*> Your email settings:
            Individual Email | Traditional

        <*> To change settings online go to:
            (Yahoo! ID required)

        <*> To change settings via email:
            midatlanticretro-digest@yahoogroups.com

            http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      • Christian Liendo
        Message 3 of 8 , Feb 8, 2010
          http://spectrum.ieee.org/semiconductors/processors/25-microchips-that-shook-the-world/0

          They are in no particular order but some listed

          Zilog Z80
          MOS 6502
          ARM1
          Intel 8088

          At least they kinda mentioned the 1802
          "Where’s the radiation-hardened military-grade RCA 1802 processor that was the brains of numerous spacecraft?"

          Message 4 of 8 , Feb 8, 2010

            http://spectrum.ieee.org/semiconductors/processors/25-microchips-that-shook-the-world/0

            They are in no particular order but some listed

            Zilog Z80
            MOS 6502
            ARM1
            Intel 8088

            At least they kinda mentioned the 1802
            "Where’s the radiation-hardened military-grade RCA 1802 processor that was the brains of numerous spacecraft?"

            Didn't you or someone post this last year?
          • Christian Liendo
            Message 5 of 8 , Feb 8, 2010
              I posted the PC World one.. I don't remember an IEEE one.

              Message 6 of 8 , Feb 8, 2010
                http://hackaday.com/2010/02/08/modded-c64-eye-candy/

              • Jeffrey Brace
                Message 7 of 8 , Feb 8, 2010
                  very cool !  thanks for sharing Christian !

                  Jeff B.