ELF simulator

  • Ray Sills
    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 6, 2010
      Hi Gang:

      I found this site via an 1802 list. It's a simulator for the
      original ELF machine. Also on the site are simulators for the Altair
      8800b and the IMSAI 8080.

      <http://incolor.inetnebr.com/bill_r/computer_simulators.htm>

      73 de Ray

      (who is very much snowed in, in Warrington, PA)
      Message 2 of 8 , Feb 6, 2010
        Wow, that is so cool. Thanks for the link. This is perfect for
        teaching students.
        Bill

        Ray Sills wrote:
        > Hi Gang:
        >
        > I found this site via an 1802 list. It's a simulator for the
        > original ELF machine. Also on the site are simulators for the Altair
        > 8800b and the IMSAI 8080.
        >
        > <http://incolor.inetnebr.com/bill_r/computer_simulators.htm>
        >
        > 73 de Ray
        >
        > (who is very much snowed in, in Warrington, PA)

      • Dan Roganti
        Message 3 of 8 , Feb 6, 2010

          you remember Rich's emulator right ?
          He took the work from Claus (those on the ELF site) and built it up even further. It comes with several modules besides the Altair 8800,  floppy drive, harddisk , cassette, papertape, line printer and the Dazzler video display.
          I use it mostly for CP/M emulation, it's great.
          http://www.altair32.com/Altair32code.htm

          =Dan

          Ray Sills wrote:

          Hi Gang:

          I found this site via an 1802 list.  It's a simulator for the
          original ELF machine.  Also on the site are simulators for the Altair
          8800b and the IMSAI 8080.

          <http://incolor.inetnebr.com/bill_r/computer_simulators.htm>

          73 de Ray

          (who is very much snowed in, in Warrington, PA)

          <*> Your email settings:
              Individual Email | Traditional

          <*> To change settings online go to:
              (Yahoo! ID required)

          <*> To change settings via email:
              midatlanticretro-digest@yahoogroups.com

              http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

        • Christian Liendo
          Message 4 of 8 , Feb 8, 2010
            http://spectrum.ieee.org/semiconductors/processors/25-microchips-that-shook-the-world/0

            They are in no particular order but some listed

            Zilog Z80
            MOS 6502
            ARM1
            Intel 8088

            At least they kinda mentioned the 1802
            "Where’s the radiation-hardened military-grade RCA 1802 processor that was the brains of numerous spacecraft?"

            Message 5 of 8 , Feb 8, 2010

              http://spectrum.ieee.org/semiconductors/processors/25-microchips-that-shook-the-world/0

              They are in no particular order but some listed

              Zilog Z80
              MOS 6502
              ARM1
              Intel 8088

              At least they kinda mentioned the 1802
              "Where’s the radiation-hardened military-grade RCA 1802 processor that was the brains of numerous spacecraft?"

              Didn't you or someone post this last year?
            • Christian Liendo
              Message 6 of 8 , Feb 8, 2010
                I posted the PC World one.. I don't remember an IEEE one.

                Message 7 of 8 , Feb 8, 2010
                  http://hackaday.com/2010/02/08/modded-c64-eye-candy/

                • Jeffrey Brace
                  Message 8 of 8 , Feb 8, 2010
                    very cool !  thanks for sharing Christian !

                    Jeff B.