Re: [midatlanticretro] MARCH revenue ideas?

    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 5, 2010
      Evan Koblentz wrote:
      > Expanding on what I posted a few days ago .....
      >
      > MARCH has plenty of money if we decide to host VCF East 7.0 on the
      > originally planned weekend of September 25-26. However, for reasons
      > already discussed here, we are strongly considering postponing the event
      > until spring 2011 -- in which case we need to make some money to hold us
      > over.
      >
      > <snip>
      > Having said what we do NOT want to do, does anyone have good suggestions
      > for how to monetize our existing resources, or how to make some revenue
      > without killing ourselves time-wise?
      >
      > - Evan

      I think that you have a reasonable plan and expectations. If we have a
      big rescue other one-time expense we take take up a collection on an
      ad-hoc basis.

      Bill
    • Al Hartman
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 5, 2010
        How about having people donate un-needed excess hardware or software and sell it at the flea at Trenton?

        Al Hartman
      • m
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 21 2:57 PM
          > Nor are we interested in becoming a
          > recycling company, PC tech support, etc.

          So Evan posted, understandably... that MARCH as an organization doesn't want to become any of the above.

          That being said, I was wondering if anybody here might wish to start or expand a new or preexisting venture into becoming a recycling business (with the key and initial primary interest in reuse and component recovery before recycling/scrapping)?

          I have extensive experience and knowledge in the reuse & recycling field, and I'm sure those of you here have plenty of experience and knowledge in other fields which may be of great benefit to such a venture.

          I also have some industrial land/property in Philadelphia. (I would also be able/willing to join or help build a venture in parts of NJ, DE, etc.)

          One of our key goals of course would be to divert any interesting or rare computers/components to museums or collectors.. and if we are successful enough, to be that rich uncle/benefactor company to benefit MARCH and perhaps InfoAge, etc. :)

          --
          MS
        • Bob
          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 22 7:17 AM
            I live in Yeadon and am near enough to help in such a project.
            I don't have the rich uncle type of investment capital no matter
            what my nieces think.
            bs