Re: [midatlanticretro] OT? PDP-8 Single board Computer and Front Panel Partial Kit

    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 4 1:31 PM

      Just in case anyone is interested in the Spare Time Gizmos ( http://www.sparetimegizmos.com/) SBC-6120 and FP-6120 Kit which has been discontinued for some time, there is one more opportunity to purchase a kit of both of them.
      It is fairly expensive at $640.00 and the last order accepted will be this Sunday. Just three days.

      Replica kits are plenty on-topic.  And I vouch that the kit's creator, Bob Armstrong, is a great guy who deserves your patronage.
    • David Comley
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 4 6:15 PM
        I am - looks as though the chances of getting the full order complement of 50 is quite good, so the outlook is positive.

        These kits have been around for a while and have a first class reputation.

        -Dave

        > Just in case anyone is interested in the Spare Time Gizmos (
        http://www.sparetim egizmos.com/) SBC-6120 and FP-6120 Kit which has been
        discontinued for some time,
        > there is one more opportunity to purchase a kit of both of them.
        > It is fairly expensive at $640.00 and the last order accepted will be
        this Sunday. Just three days.

        > I am including a copy of an email from Steve Gibson of Spin-Rite fame
        with more details.

        > billdrom

        > Hello Everyone!
        >
        > One way or another ... the PDP-8 SBC/FP project will move to its next
        stage at the end of this coming weekend.

        > If Bob Armstrong has not received your payment for a combined PDP-8
        SBC/FP kit by the end of the day, Sunday, February 7th, it will be too
        late.

        > Assuming that a sufficient number of paid orders have been received by
        that time, Bob will immediately place the orders for exactly that number of
        kits Monday morning.

        > It will not be possible for anyone -- not even one more person -- to add
        themselves to the group after the end of this weekend.

        > Since the lead time for kit part fabrication is already significant, it
        would not be fair to hold up everyone else while waiting for stragglers.
        I'm sure you can understand.

        > Since many of you expressed great relief to me that this was miraculously
        happening one last time -- and it really does look like there is no chance
        that this will ever happen again, I just wanted to make absolutely certain
        that there was no misunderstanding, and that no one who wanted to acquire
        one of Bob's amazing PDP-8 kits was left out due to a missed or
        misunderstood eMail.

        > NOTE: I am sending this final reminder to everyone whose eMail address I
        have. If you HAVE already paid Bob for the kit, please just ignore this,
        your order is safe and paid for.

        > If any of this is a surprise to you, please CAREFULLY READ the two
        letters I and Bob sent to everyone last Saturday. You can find them
        here...

        > http://www.grc. com/pdp-8/ group-buy- letters.htm
        >
        > ... then please do not delay if you wish to proceed. only three full days
        remain.

        > And to those who have paid and are anxiously anticipating the receipt and
        construction of these terrific kits ... I say, welcome to a bunch of future
        fun!