Re: [midatlanticretro] Important: TCF / VCF / etc. this year

  • Dan Roganti
    Message 1 of 17 , Feb 2, 2010

      ----- Evan Koblentz wrote:

      > Dan: we'll talk offline -- you did such a good job on the t-shirt
      > designs that I'd be a fool not to enlist your help for the poster too.
      > But don't start designing anything until we talk and bounce ideas off
      > each other.

      ok, no problemo

      =Dan
    • evan@snarc.net
      Message 2 of 17 , Apr 25, 2010
        Fun times @ TCF yesterday. Our table was in the resort-like lobby of a classroom building where TCF held its lectures, so we had decent traffic most of the day. Traffic was dead during the RMS keynote but a professional theremin player entertained us.

        My lecture, and the other which Bill Deg. and I shared, both went well.

        Spotted throughout the day were: me, Bill Deg., Andy, Jeff F., Chris, Brian, Barry, Bill Drom., Bob A., Herb, and many "friends-of-MARCH" from other clubs and from the local tech/history scene in general. (Sorry if I forgot anyone.) Unfortunately Sridhar couldn't make it.

        Bill Deg, Andy, and I had dinner at the ribs place.

        Funny story: while waiting for my lecture room, I was talking to some co-ed who was also waiting. She said she's a junior at the college and got into computers from her dad, who's "around your age" - 50.

        I'm 35.
      • Jeffrey Frady
        Message 3 of 17 , Apr 25, 2010
          Why don't I have her number????

          --
          See you space cowboy...
        • Bob Applegate
          Message 4 of 17 , Apr 25, 2010
            On Apr 25, 2010, at 1:06 PM, evan@... wrote:

[...]

            Ouch!

            It was nice seeing everyone again!

            I met up with another old Franklin guy and told him to go talk with you guys; not sure if Frank made his way over or not.  He was one of the hardware guys who is really into restoring older systems and might be very interested in working on some of the non-functioning stuff.

            Bob

          • Jeffrey Brace
            Message 5 of 17 , Apr 25, 2010
              Sounds great. Sorry I missed it !

              About your funny story: Butthead would say, "huhuhuh, you're old".

              Message 6 of 17 , Apr 26, 2010
                --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, Bob Applegate <bob@...> wrote:
                > It was nice seeing everyone again!

                Yes, nice to see everyone.
                Thanks for stopping by our table.

                Seems we were lucky to be in the Social Sciences building.
                Some friends were working a table in the Student Center and they said
                that it got pretty hot and uncomfortable over there on Saturday.

                That said, we had a good amount of traffic and interest.
                And as usual, quite a number of characters, who will be added to our lore. :)

                Andy