Re: [midatlanticretro] Important: TCF / VCF / etc. this year

  • Dan Roganti
    Message 1 of 17 , Feb 2, 2010

      In general, you might want to think about small ways to raise funds during any event--even for the visitors at the museum.
      I think I mentioned this a while back - a little cash flow coming in never hurts.
      Something as simple as buttons, mousepads, posters, etc, or even T-shirts.
      And with a generic logo/design and/or caption to portray the March Computer Museum to the public.
      The wholesale prices are very cheap for buttons, etc - you saw how cheap the T-shirts are wholesale.
      I know the T-shirts designs I made for VCF wouldn't fit on a button :)
      But I'd be glad to help whip up something which could go any of these small items.

      =Dan

      ----- B Degnan wrote:

      > This discussion is active in the MARCH BOD Yahoo Group at the moment.
      > We'll work it out.  I don't think money is going to be an issue the way
      > I see it.
      > Bill

      Thats not a bad idea..

      Message 2 of 17 , Feb 2, 2010

        In general, you might want to think about small ways to raise funds during any event--even for the visitors at the museum.
        I think I mentioned this a while back - a little cash flow coming in never hurts.

        "Yes, have some!"

        It's still my plan to make kick-ass posters (instead of our current dull ones) and sell copies to whoever wants them.  But that plan will take * time * which I don't have right now.  So instead, I'll make just one poster that emphasizes a few of our museum highlights, and branch out later from there.

        Dan: we'll talk offline -- you did such a good job on the t-shirt designs that I'd be a fool not to enlist your help for the poster too.  But don't start designing anything until we talk and bounce ideas off each other.
      • Dan Roganti
        Message 3 of 17 , Feb 2, 2010

          ----- Evan Koblentz wrote:

          > Dan: we'll talk offline -- you did such a good job on the t-shirt
          > designs that I'd be a fool not to enlist your help for the poster too.
          > But don't start designing anything until we talk and bounce ideas off
          > each other.

          ok, no problemo

          =Dan
        • evan@snarc.net
          Message 4 of 17 , Apr 25, 2010
            Fun times @ TCF yesterday. Our table was in the resort-like lobby of a classroom building where TCF held its lectures, so we had decent traffic most of the day. Traffic was dead during the RMS keynote but a professional theremin player entertained us.

            My lecture, and the other which Bill Deg. and I shared, both went well.

            Spotted throughout the day were: me, Bill Deg., Andy, Jeff F., Chris, Brian, Barry, Bill Drom., Bob A., Herb, and many "friends-of-MARCH" from other clubs and from the local tech/history scene in general. (Sorry if I forgot anyone.) Unfortunately Sridhar couldn't make it.

            Bill Deg, Andy, and I had dinner at the ribs place.

            Funny story: while waiting for my lecture room, I was talking to some co-ed who was also waiting. She said she's a junior at the college and got into computers from her dad, who's "around your age" - 50.

            I'm 35.
          • Jeffrey Frady
            Message 5 of 17 , Apr 25, 2010
              Why don't I have her number????

              --
              See you space cowboy...
            • Bob Applegate
              Message 6 of 17 , Apr 25, 2010
                On Apr 25, 2010, at 1:06 PM, evan@... wrote:

[...]

                Ouch!

                It was nice seeing everyone again!

                I met up with another old Franklin guy and told him to go talk with you guys; not sure if Frank made his way over or not.  He was one of the hardware guys who is really into restoring older systems and might be very interested in working on some of the non-functioning stuff.

                Bob

              • Jeffrey Brace
                Message 7 of 17 , Apr 25, 2010
                  Sounds great. Sorry I missed it !

                  About your funny story: Butthead would say, "huhuhuh, you're old".

                  Message 8 of 17 , Apr 26, 2010
                    --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, Bob Applegate <bob@...> wrote:
                    > It was nice seeing everyone again!

                    Yes, nice to see everyone.
                    Thanks for stopping by our table.

                    Seems we were lucky to be in the Social Sciences building.
                    Some friends were working a table in the Student Center and they said
                    that it got pretty hot and uncomfortable over there on Saturday.

                    That said, we had a good amount of traffic and interest.
                    And as usual, quite a number of characters, who will be added to our lore. :)

                    Andy