Re: [midatlanticretro] Can anyone explain this?

    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 1, 2010
      We found out that it's Joe G. .... apparently he told Fred he wants to
      make a videogame history exhibit. Fred's response (as usual) was, "Go try."

      Fred says he didn't see videogames as competitive to what MARCH does.

      I partially disagree. Joe, and anyone else who chooses to read our
      list, knows that games were part of our long-term exhibits plan.
      Videogames are one thing, but computer games are dangerously close to
      competing against us.

      Then again, when we did (for a short time) have an Atari 2600 on
      display, I personally witnessed how that exhibit practically turned into
      a daycare center -- which is why I took it down!!! (Later the issue
      became moot because we took down the larger exhibit that it was part of.)

      If Joe wants to make his own exhibit somewhere else at InfoAge, and it's
      limited to games, and he's willing to put up with bratty kids, then good
      luck. I hope he succeeds, at the least because of the intentions of
      anyone who donates equipment to him -- I'd hate to see people donate
      stuff and then have its fate changed when Joe loses interest or changes
      his plan.

      However, MARCH will not provide any of our equipment.