re: [midatlanticretro] Reminder for Workshop: Installing CP/M on your S-100 computer , signup begins today, Feb.1st

  • Dan Roganti
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 1 9:59 AM

      NOTE:
      If you have other computers such as the Kaypro, Advantage, etc which already have CP/M running, you can use this too. They just need to be 100% working. As this is not a repair workshop.

      Basically, even though it would have CP/M already running on this, the hands-on training will show you all the technical details about how to configure and install CP/M on your current machine. Then you can apply this knowledge to any other machine that wouldn't have CP/M already.

      You would need to get prepared with all the technical manuals for your machine to extract the configuration info so you can edit and patch the CP/M source code to support your machine (that's what you will learn). We would help in locating any manuals you might be missing.

      =Dan

    • Christian Liendo
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 1 11:09 AM
        It's Feb and that means TCF http://www.tcf-nj.org is coming in a few months and I didn't go last year and from what I was told, thats OK.

        Is there any reason to go this year?
        Is anyone going this year?

        I am more looking forward to Spring March party than TCF, but might as well get it out there.