Can anyone explain this?

    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 30, 2010
      Someone brought this Craigslist ad to my attention:
      http://cnj.craigslist.org/wan/1575709415.html

      Did anyone from MARCH post it?

      I'm glad someone is interested in building a videogame exhibit for us,
      but there's not much need to request an Atari or Apple II+/e ..... we
      have plenty to go around. And it would've been nice for someone to tell
      me about their idea before posting. :)

      Anyway, will the mysterious poster please speak up ....
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 1, 2010
        We found out that it's Joe G. .... apparently he told Fred he wants to
        make a videogame history exhibit. Fred's response (as usual) was, "Go try."

        Fred says he didn't see videogames as competitive to what MARCH does.

        I partially disagree. Joe, and anyone else who chooses to read our
        list, knows that games were part of our long-term exhibits plan.
        Videogames are one thing, but computer games are dangerously close to
        competing against us.

        Then again, when we did (for a short time) have an Atari 2600 on
        display, I personally witnessed how that exhibit practically turned into
        a daycare center -- which is why I took it down!!! (Later the issue
        became moot because we took down the larger exhibit that it was part of.)

        If Joe wants to make his own exhibit somewhere else at InfoAge, and it's
        limited to games, and he's willing to put up with bratty kids, then good
        luck. I hope he succeeds, at the least because of the intentions of
        anyone who donates equipment to him -- I'd hate to see people donate
        stuff and then have its fate changed when Joe loses interest or changes
        his plan.

        However, MARCH will not provide any of our equipment.