re: [midatlanticretro] Things -- Tech Weekend Jan 30-31

  • Dan Roganti
    Message 1 of 12 , Jan 29, 2010

      ----- Bill Degnan wrote:
      > I do have coffee and Pepsi
      >
      > I do hope that we can go out for dinner too.  Or call out for pizza.
      >
      > bd

      what's a hack wknd without JOLT ?  - haha

      I'll leave extra early from here.
      I expect to get there by 11am, maybe a little earlier
      We can check the roms first, to see if there's a title embedded, sometimes they have that.
      Anything except for 1702/2708, I can't read these yet
      Either way for dinner is fine for me.
      I guess we can see how far we get with things.

      =Dan

    • Bill Degnan
      Message 2 of 12 , Jan 29, 2010
        too bad, the 1702 is the prom that will work in my MITS card. It should be
        ready to go with the various SIO's from MITS.
        bd

        > I'll leave extra early from here.
        > I expect to get there by 11am, maybe a little earlier
        > We can check the roms first, to see if there's a title embedded,
        sometimes they have that.
        > Anything except for 1702/2708, I can't read these yet
        > Either way for dinner is fine for me.
        > I guess we can see how far we get with things.
        >

        > =Dan
      • Dan Roganti
        Message 3 of 12 , Jan 29, 2010

          Bill Degnan wrote:
          too bad, the 1702 is the prom that will work in my MITS card.  It should be
          ready to go with the various SIO's from MITS.

          Yea, it's kind of awkward at the moment with just using a monitor to dump the 1702 rom to the display. It takes a while to decode the instructions off the screen. If somebody had at least a reader for the PC, then we can make a hex file and view the ascii contents(for the title/header info) and even disassemble the code very quickly to see what it's for.
          So this eprom never came with any code listing or even a title (that we can lookup online) ?

          =Dan

        • BDegnan
          Message 4 of 12 , Jan 29, 2010
            I will see what I can find. No worries. There mustbe some reason why cutter is not on the net already. There is a cutter rom at infoage, and bill sudbrink has one. Maybe he has a listing.
            bd

            Message 5 of 12 , Jan 29, 2010

              No  I was referring to 1702 eprom you have there, I thought you want to read that.
              The Cutter monitor can't be in a 1702, the code is too big, it needs a 2716 eprom
              That's available on the SOL20 website, we can program another one if your eprom is bad.
              There must be some other code in the 1702.

              =Dan

              Message 6 of 12 , Jan 30, 2010

                Heading out

                on the road again.......

                =Dan

              • jack99rubin
                Message 7 of 12 , Jan 30, 2010
                  Have a great weekend guys - sounds like you'll have a lot of fun! Wish I could join you.

                  best,
                  Jack