Things -- Tech Weekend Jan 30-31

  • Dan Roganti
    Message 1 of 12 , Jan 29, 2010
      Bill,

      Would you have a spare VGA monitor ?
      I'll have the eprom burning station with me.
      But one less thing to packup is nice :)

      =Dan
    • Bill Degnan
      Message 2 of 12 , Jan 29, 2010
        Dan,
        Yes certainly do. I have plenty. What time do you think you'll be
        arriving?

        I will have the following food on hand, plus coffee and about 10 Pepsis.
        If anyone wants to bring bottled sodas, that'd be great, but I usually
        drink water myself.

        clemintines
        grapes
        apples
        bananas
        popcorn
        pretzels
        cereal bars

        Bill

        Message 3 of 12 , Jan 29, 2010
          I have a lot of old PROMS..is it easy to erase them, or just check what's
          on them using your station? I know I have a lot of 1702's and others.
          bd

          > I'll have the eprom burning station with me.
          > But one less thing to packup is nice :)
          >

          > =Dan
          > --
          > http://www.vintagecomputer.net/ragooman/
        • Mike Loewen
          Message 4 of 12 , Jan 29, 2010
            On Fri, 29 Jan 2010, Bill Degnan wrote:

            > I will have the following food on hand, plus coffee and about 10 Pepsis.
            > If anyone wants to bring bottled sodas, that'd be great, but I usually
            > drink water myself.
            >
            > clemintines
            > grapes
            > apples
            > bananas
            > popcorn
            > pretzels
            > cereal bars

            Health food? For a hacking weekend???? :-)

            Mike Loewen mloewen@...
          • Bill Degnan
            Message 5 of 12 , Jan 29, 2010
              I do have coffee and Pepsi

              I do hope that we can go out for dinner too. Or call out for pizza.

              bd

              > > I will have the following food on hand, plus coffee and about 10
              Pepsis.
              > > If anyone wants to bring bottled sodas, that'd be great, but I usually
              > > drink water myself.
              > >
              > > clemintines
              > > grapes
              > > apples
              > > bananas
              > > popcorn
              > > pretzels
              > > cereal bars
              >
              > Health food? For a hacking weekend???? :-)
              >

              > Mike Loewen mloewen@...

            • Dan Roganti
              Message 6 of 12 , Jan 29, 2010

                ----- Bill Degnan wrote:
                > I do have coffee and Pepsi
                >
                > I do hope that we can go out for dinner too.  Or call out for pizza.
                >
                > bd

                what's a hack wknd without JOLT ?  - haha

                I'll leave extra early from here.
                I expect to get there by 11am, maybe a little earlier
                We can check the roms first, to see if there's a title embedded, sometimes they have that.
                Anything except for 1702/2708, I can't read these yet
                Either way for dinner is fine for me.
                I guess we can see how far we get with things.

                =Dan

              • Bill Degnan
                Message 7 of 12 , Jan 29, 2010
                  too bad, the 1702 is the prom that will work in my MITS card. It should be
                  ready to go with the various SIO's from MITS.
                  bd

                  > I'll leave extra early from here.
                  > I expect to get there by 11am, maybe a little earlier
                  > We can check the roms first, to see if there's a title embedded,
                  sometimes they have that.
                  > Anything except for 1702/2708, I can't read these yet
                  > Either way for dinner is fine for me.
                  > I guess we can see how far we get with things.
                  >

                  > =Dan
                • Dan Roganti
                  Message 8 of 12 , Jan 29, 2010

                    Bill Degnan wrote:
                    too bad, the 1702 is the prom that will work in my MITS card.  It should be
                    ready to go with the various SIO's from MITS.

                    Yea, it's kind of awkward at the moment with just using a monitor to dump the 1702 rom to the display. It takes a while to decode the instructions off the screen. If somebody had at least a reader for the PC, then we can make a hex file and view the ascii contents(for the title/header info) and even disassemble the code very quickly to see what it's for.
                    So this eprom never came with any code listing or even a title (that we can lookup online) ?

                    =Dan

                  • BDegnan
                    Message 9 of 12 , Jan 29, 2010
                      I will see what I can find. No worries. There mustbe some reason why cutter is not on the net already. There is a cutter rom at infoage, and bill sudbrink has one. Maybe he has a listing.
                      bd

                      Message 10 of 12 , Jan 29, 2010

                        No  I was referring to 1702 eprom you have there, I thought you want to read that.
                        The Cutter monitor can't be in a 1702, the code is too big, it needs a 2716 eprom
                        That's available on the SOL20 website, we can program another one if your eprom is bad.
                        There must be some other code in the 1702.

                        =Dan

                        Message 11 of 12 , Jan 30, 2010

                          Heading out

                          on the road again.......

                          =Dan

                        • jack99rubin
                          Message 12 of 12 , Jan 30, 2010
                            Have a great weekend guys - sounds like you'll have a lot of fun! Wish I could join you.

                            best,
                            Jack