Digital PDP 11/05 Question - how to show the acumulator value?

  • Bill Degnan
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 28, 2010
      Hi,
      The 11/05 has only the one row of lights.

      When I enter a simple counter program into memory and run it I don't see
      the "counting" on the screen, but if I HALT and CONT step by step the
      counter output is displayed (the lights display octal numbers increasing by
      one, each time I press CONT.).

      On the PDP 8 (you can switch the display between the memory and the
      accumulator) or PDP 11/40 (two rows of lights) it's not a problem, but I
      was wondering if anyone had a solution for the single row display of the
      11/05? I guess I need to determine what the show accumulator command is.
      I have to do some research.

      I am puzzled why the counting appears when you step through the program but
      not when a person just runs it normally. I don't think it's just so fast I
      don't see the output.

      I guess it would help if I posted my code, I will do that next time I am
      working on it.

      If I figure it out myself I will let you know.

      Bill
    • Bill Degnan
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 28, 2010
        Correctiion:

        "I don't see the "counting" on the screen"

        should be

        I don't see the "counting" on the light display.

        Bill