Re: Things To Do for Tech Weekend (Jan 30-31)

  • Dan Roganti
    Message 1 of 30 , Jan 28, 2010

      > On Thu, 28 Jan 2010, Dan Roganti wrote:
      >
      > > Can we make some foam pads too for the TRS80 Model II kybd ??
      >
      > If you can find some suitable foam, then yes. Our hobby shop closed up
      > and I don't have any other local sources. I can bring the punch, rubber
      > cement and mylar foil.

      ok, I'll take a look aroun here, there's a bunch of hobby shops.
      I can't remember what should I look for again, and what thickness ?

      =Dan
    • Mike Loewen
      Message 2 of 30 , Jan 28, 2010
        On Thu, 28 Jan 2010, Bill Degnan wrote:

        > There is a Lowes near by, I thought you mentioned Lowes was where you got
        > the foam the last time? I also have a Model II keyboard, but to my
        > knowlege it's OK.

        I couldn't find anything suitable at Lowe's, so I used 3mm track bed
        from the local hobby shop.
      • Dan Roganti
        Message 3 of 30 , Jan 28, 2010

          > I couldn't find anything suitable at Lowe's, so I used 3mm track bed
          > from the local hobby shop.

          oh ok, that should be easy to find.
          I didn't remember it was so thin, 3 millimeters ?

          =Dan
        • Mike Loewen
          Message 4 of 30 , Jan 28, 2010
            On Thu, 28 Jan 2010, Dan Roganti wrote:

            > oh ok, that should be easy to find.
            > I didn't remember it was so thin, 3 millimeters ?

            Sorry, brain-phart. It's 5mm (sort-of 3/16"), brand is Woodland
            Scenics.

            Mike Loewen mloewen@...
          • Dan Roganti
            Message 5 of 30 , Jan 28, 2010

              > On Thu, 28 Jan 2010, Dan Roganti wrote:
              >
              > > oh ok, that should be easy to find.
              > > I didn't remember it was so thin, 3 millimeters ?
              >
              > Sorry, brain-phart. It's 5mm (sort-of 3/16"), brand is Woodland
              > Scenics.

              ok, I found it, there's some down the road from me at the local Hobby shop. I'll pickup a bunch.

              =Dan
            • Bill Degnan
              Message 6 of 30 , Jan 28, 2010
                Dan,
                If you buy some, I will pay you back for the amt needed to repair a
                keyboard.
                bd
                > > I didn't remember it was so thin, 3 millimeters ?
                >
                > Sorry, brain-phart. It's 5mm (sort-of 3/16"), brand is Woodland
                > Scenics.
                >

                > Mike Loewen mloewen@...

              • Dan Roganti
                Message 7 of 30 , Jan 28, 2010

                  > Dan,
                  > If you buy some, I will pay you back for the amt needed to repair a
                  > keyboard.

                  no problemo, just buy me lunch there :)

                  =Dan
                • Bill Degnan
                  Message 8 of 30 , Jan 28, 2010
                    OK

                    > > If you buy some, I will pay you back for the amt needed to repair a
                    > > keyboard.
                    >

                    > no problemo, just buy me lunch there :)
                    >
                    > =Dan

                  • Dan Roganti
                    Message 9 of 30 , Jan 28, 2010

                      Dan Roganti wrote:

                      On Thu, 28 Jan 2010, Dan Roganti wrote:

                      oh ok, that should be easy to find.
                      I didn't remember it was so thin, 3 millimeters ?

                          Sorry, brain-phart.  It's 5mm (sort-of 3/16"), brand is Woodland
                      Scenics.

                      ok, I found it, there's some down the road from me at the local Hobby shop. I'll pickup a bunch.

                      =Dan

                      I picked up three sheets of this stuff. They're about 12" x 24" and it's the 5mm thickness.
                      This should be enough, in case anyone else needs to make some.

                      =Dan