Re: [midatlanticretro] Re: The First Part of the Univac 1219 Rescue Story.

  • Jeffrey Frady
    Message 1 of 34 , Jan 27, 2010
      What an adventure and a lovely two days spent with our club president Evan.

      I created a set on my Flickr account of the pictures I took with my iPhone.  http://www.flickr.com/photos/legodude522/sets/72157623293805128/

      On Tue, Jan 26, 2010 at 4:14 PM, Evan Koblentz <evan@...> wrote:

      > Well, I don't know what thier release of documentation for use it for their Computer Products Manual Collections, but the University of Minnesota, Charles Babbage Institute does have documentation for a Sperry Univac 1219. http://www.cbi.umn.edu/collections/inv/cbi00060.html

      Thanks for the Babbage Institute link. I've worked with them before.
      They don't loan, they charge $$ for page for copies. I will see what
      they have and if it's worthwhile.

      > I would SO love to see the 1219 power up and do more than sit as a static exhibit.

      We all would. I'm just telling you, "Don't get your hopes up."

      > Also, if you can provide me with photos (or even video of you guys unloading/setting up) I will at the very LEAST have it published on the MyFoxPhilly website, as I talked to the lead Web Producer and he is very interested in doing a story.
      Cool. Not sure if anyone took pictures, but I'll ask. Jeff F., didn't
      I see you with a camera?

      > And often, there will be blurbs during the regular news to drive people to the website for additional information regarding certian stories. It is what I want to do to help out.

      Awesome.

      --
      See you space cowboy...
    • Jeffrey Frady