OT: weird things in truck rental contract

    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 26, 2010
      I noticed two strange things in the truck rental contract from last weekend.

      It says, "26FT SAD MEDIUM VAN" .... "sad" .... what about?

      It also says, "If you have any problems, call (blah blah blah) for
      Penske 24/7 roadside assisatance" .... they spelled "assistance" wrong.
    • Brian Schenkenberger, VAXman-
      Message 2 of 8 , Jan 26, 2010
        Evan Koblentz <evan@...> writes:

        >I noticed two strange things in the truck rental contract from last
        >weekend.
        >
        >It says, "26FT SAD MEDIUM VAN" .... "sad" .... what about?
        >
        >It also says, "If you have any problems, call (blah blah blah) for
        >Penske 24/7 roadside assisatance" .... they spelled "assistance" wrong.

        As long as the rate/fees were correct, you have nothing to worry about.

        Last year, after renting a complete piece of sh*t Renault in Amsterdam,
        I received a rental charge on my AmEx bill for over $3,000.00. It was
        supposed to be ¤230.00 for the week but they somehow charged ¤2230.00
        It was some time and quite a nightmare to correct. That car wasn't,
        IMHO, worth 1/2 that if it was brand new. I am always amazed at what
        our European friends consider to be an automobile.

        So, forget about the spelling and be glad you didn't get jacked with a
        larger bill.

      • jaj@totallyamused.com
        Message 3 of 8 , Jan 26, 2010
          Is it Single Axle Diesel? Maybe it is sad that it isn't a tandem axle.

          Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

          Message 4 of 8 , Jan 26, 2010
            > So, forget about the spelling and be glad you didn't get jacked with a larger bill.

            I'm not complaining. Just thought it was funny. Especially the "sad" part.
          • Dan Roganti
            Message 5 of 8 , Jan 26, 2010

              Evan Koblentz wrote:
              It also says, "If you have any problems, call (blah blah blah) for
              Penske 24/7 roadside assisatance" .... they spelled "assistance" wrong.

              You wouldn't beeelieeeve how many Google search results come up with that typo !
              I stopped looking after 50pages :)
              There must be a spell checker virus or something  - haha

              =Dan

            • Brian Schenkenberger, VAXman-
              Message 6 of 8 , Jan 26, 2010
                Evan Koblentz <evan@...> writes:

                >> So, forget about the spelling and be glad you didn't get jacked with a
                >larger bill.
                >
                >I'm not complaining. Just thought it was funny. Especially the "sad"
                >part.

                I wouldn't be funny, it would be especially sad had they overcharged you
                $3000.00 like me.

                Was it a Ryder rental?

                Message 7 of 8 , Jan 26, 2010
                  Evan,

                  As to the spelling, it's a truck - not a rocket.

                  Jim

                  Message 8 of 8 , Jan 26, 2010
                    > I noticed two strange things in the truck rental contract from last weekend.
                    >
                    > It says, "26FT SAD MEDIUM VAN" .... "sad" .... what about?
                    >
                    > It also says, "If you have any problems, call (blah blah blah) for Penske 24/7 roadside assisatance" .... they spelled "assistance" wrong.

                    Attention everyone: don't take things so seriously. :)