Univac ....

  • evan@snarc.net
    Message 1 of 34 , Jan 23, 2010
      Still in transit!!!! Bill Deg. started @ 9-ish this morning and had to return the truck / get a bigger one because there was MUCH more gear than we expected. Won't be back at Infoage to unload until approx. 8pm tonight. Then a couple of hours of hard work awaits us.
    • Jeffrey Frady
      Message 34 of 34 , Jan 27, 2010
        What an adventure and a lovely two days spent with our club president Evan.

        I created a set on my Flickr account of the pictures I took with my iPhone.  http://www.flickr.com/photos/legodude522/sets/72157623293805128/

        On Tue, Jan 26, 2010 at 4:14 PM, Evan Koblentz <evan@...> wrote:

        > Well, I don't know what thier release of documentation for use it for their Computer Products Manual Collections, but the University of Minnesota, Charles Babbage Institute does have documentation for a Sperry Univac 1219. http://www.cbi.umn.edu/collections/inv/cbi00060.html

        Thanks for the Babbage Institute link. I've worked with them before.
        They don't loan, they charge $$ for page for copies. I will see what
        they have and if it's worthwhile.

        > I would SO love to see the 1219 power up and do more than sit as a static exhibit.

        We all would. I'm just telling you, "Don't get your hopes up."

        > Also, if you can provide me with photos (or even video of you guys unloading/setting up) I will at the very LEAST have it published on the MyFoxPhilly website, as I talked to the lead Web Producer and he is very interested in doing a story.
        Cool. Not sure if anyone took pictures, but I'll ask. Jeff F., didn't
        I see you with a camera?

        > And often, there will be blurbs during the regular news to drive people to the website for additional information regarding certian stories. It is what I want to do to help out.

        Awesome.

        --
        See you space cowboy...