Museum for sale in Canada (pdp12.org) (from cctalk)

  • Bill Degnan
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 21, 2010
      [Something for everyone.]

      Message: 7
      Date: Wed, 20 Jan 2010 16:14:46 -0500 (EST)
      From: Robert Krten <root@...>
      Subject: Museum for sale
      To: cctech@...

      I am selling the pdp12.org museum. Major pieces include:
      PDP-12
      PDP-8/L
      PDP-8/I
      PDP-8/E (3)
      PDP-8/F
      PDP-8/M (2)
      7 H960 cabinets
      1100+ spare modules (1000+ single, rest dual and quad)
      Shelves for modules
      Dual TU56 drive
      3 x 8" floppy drives
      40+ square feet of parts drawers (TTL, discretes, other semis, connectors,
      etc)
      8 linear feet+ of documentation
      100+ DEC handbooks
      100+ 8" floppies
      DECCassette unit
      Several expansion chassis (some empty, some with full card sets)
      Paper tapes
      Drawings
      plus a ton more stuff

      I'll be entertaining serious offers until the end of February.

      Shipping would be on a local pickup basis -- I will be available for
      up to 5 days get it packed up and loaded onto your truck.

      If you need a more detailed inventory, send me an email; I'm working
      on putting everything together. Due to the sheer volume of stuff, it
      will be almost impossible to be 100% accurate (except for the big
      things, of course :-))

      The pdp12.org website is back up for a few days to allow browsing.
      The 11/20, 11/R20, ML11, are sold. The pdp12.org address can be
      included if you like.

      --
      Robert Krten
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 21, 2010
        Always peeves me when people call their private collections a "museum"
        .... it's not a museum, it's a bunch of stuff in someone's home (or
        wherever.)