Announcement: CP/M Programming workshop, Apr.10th, 2010, 12noon-7pm, Delaware Hackerspace

  • Dan Roganti
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 15, 2010
      Announcement:
      CP/M Programming workshop

      For the vintage computer enthusiasts, in conjunction with the MARCH Computer
      Museum and the Delaware Hackerspace group, we like to invite you to a new
      workshop this year involving vintage computers.

      This new workshop is about CP/M programming and it will teach you how to
      install, build and configure CP/M on your vintage S-100 computer system. All
      the necessary steps are shown during the lecture and afterward is a hands-on
      training session will let you upgrade your S-100 computer with a floppy disk
      based system and CP/M. Instruction and lecture will be provided by Rich Cini
      of the Altair32 emulator project.

      Please look at the link for the workshop checklist below for a detailed list
      of requirements about this workshop. You'll need to know what to prepare
      beforehand to get ready for this workshop. Ask any questions you have about
      getting ready before the start of the  workshop. A knowledge of assembly
      programming, S-100 hardware, and CP/M operation is required for this workshop.
      Please do not come unprepared.

      We currently have seats for 12 workbenches for those who want the
      hands-on training. An additional 10 seats are available for those who like
      to watch and learn. If we happen to get more requests for this workshop,
      we will try to accomodate as many people as possible. This is a first come,
      first serve event, sorry, but we cannot accommodate latecomers.
      Once the registration opens, please specify which seat you like to reserve.

      The workshop is located very close to I-95 for those that are drivng. More
      information can be found at the Delaware Hackerspace website below.

      Workshop Checklist - view message thread
      http://www.vintagecomputer.net/browse_thread.cfm?id=310

      Address:
       103 W. 7th St.
       Wilmington, DE 19801