Commodore B128 on Ebay

    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 7, 2010
      Ebay auction 220535062845 a very rare Commodore B128 for you Commodore
      collectors out there. This is the first one I have seen in over a year.
      Bill
    • Jeffrey Brace
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 7, 2010
        Cool !  I will bid on it. Hope nobody else knows how rare it is. Winking smiley emoticon

        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 8, 2010
          Regarding the B128 currently on Ebay,  There is no way to know what it'll go for, it could be close to $500, but I have seen them sell in earlier times for less than $100.

          On the CBM rareness scale here is my list (USA production models):

          B500
          CBM 128-80 (hi-profile)
          CBM 256-80 (hi-profile)
          B128-80 (low profile)
          PET 64 Educator
          PET 8296
          SuperPET
          PET 2001-8 (blue trim)
          PET 2001-8 (black trim)
          C128-D
          SX64
          common stuff, etc.

          So on the informal Bill Degnan scale the B129-80 is the 4th rarest production Commodore computer made.

          Note - The number of units produced is not necessarily equal to how many have survived to this day, I am talking about rare today.

          There are many non-production and semi-production Commodores that are much rarer than any of the above.

          Bill