re: [midatlanticretro] Re: Hacking weekend Jan 30-31st.

  • Bill Degnan
    Message 1 of 14 , Jan 6, 2010
      Joe,

      I ask that people clean their computers before they arrive. Please do not
      bring any systems that need to be vacuumed, dusted, de-nested ,
      de-infested, etc. - this kind of stuff should be done before you arrive.
      Think "electronics workshop"
      I will send more details about the weekend, soon.

      Bill

      Message 2 of 14 , Jan 6, 2010
        Going to Vegas and CES.. Will be back Monday...  Take Care

      • joprysko1
        Message 3 of 14 , Jan 6, 2010
          Well, the Retr0brite is more for restoring the colors of the outside of the casing caused by age/UV rays, cigarette smoke, etc.

          Definitely looking forward to it, will probably bring one of my Apple IIc's, my Atari Portfolio, etc. I may post a list of some of the things I have and/or thinking about bringing, that way if someone is interested in seeing or using the unit, they can ask me to bring it. Also, I will probably list parts I have that I am willing to trade incase anyone needs them.

          > Joe,
          >
          > I ask that people clean their computers before they arrive. Please do not
          > bring any systems that need to be vacuumed, dusted, de-nested ,
          > de-infested, etc. - this kind of stuff should be done before you arrive.
          > Think "electronics workshop"
          > I will send more details about the weekend, soon.
          >
          > Bill

        • Bill Degnan
          Message 4 of 14 , Jan 6, 2010

            > Well, the Retr0brite is more for restoring the colors of the outside of
            the casing caused by age/UV rays, cigarette smoke, etc.

            I understand. I just wanted to describe the scene.

            > Definitely looking forward to it, will probably bring one of my Apple
            IIc's, my Atari Portfolio, etc. I may post a list of some of the things I
            have and/or thinking about bringing, that way if someone is interested in
            seeing or using the unit, they can ask me to bring it. Also, I will
            probably list parts I have that I am willing to trade incase anyone needs
            them.

            I am sure there will be some swapping, fyi my office space is full of
            stuff.

            Bill
          • Dan Roganti
            Message 5 of 14 , Jan 6, 2010

              joprysko1 wrote:
              I am interested in coming, not sure what I should bring though.. I have a box of about 20-25 S100 cards, some floppy controllers, some RAM cards, at least 1 or 2 Winchester controllers.

              Joe,

              I'm interested in what you have in S-100 cards too.
              I'll be there at the workshop.

              =Dan

            • Dan Roganti
              Message 6 of 14 , Jan 6, 2010

                Mike Loewen wrote:
                    I tentatively plan to attend.  Maybe one of you S100 gurus can help get
                my IMSAI talking to its floppy drives.

                Sure, we'll do our best, no promises though
                But you have to come over first, no tentative, ssshhmentative plans  :)
                I'll have my tools, test equipment and parts with me as always.

                Bill,
                Can we go online there still, in case we have to look up some technical data ?

                =Dan

                Message 7 of 14 , Jan 6, 2010

                  > Bill,
                  > Can we go online there still, in case we have to look up some
                  > technical data ?

                  Yes, there will be many access points.
                • Christian Liendo
                  Message 8 of 14 , Jan 12, 2010
                    Please someone take pictures and post because I can't go and I would really like to see what went on.

                    Also anyway I think I found a solution to get more pictures on the website:

                    http://www.simpleviewer.net/simpleviewer/

                    There is a Picassa plugin that allows you to take pictures and quickly make a web album.

                    Bill, if I make some web albums and send them to you by CD (too big to e-mail) would you be willing to look and maybe post?