Right Sez Fred!

  • evan@snarc.net
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 6, 2010
      Yes, I'm invoking the band that recorded "I'm too sexy" for the subject line of this email.

      Here's a message from Fred to everyone:

      ----------------

      Welcome to a new decade. The decade of the bad BRAC is over. The
      Base Realignment And Closure staff of Fort Monmouth and then the
      Pentagon have failed to crush us. Their goal was to get us to walk away
      so they could sell the 37 acres of Camp Evans to developers to help with
      their budget. Thanks to repeated help from Congressman Smith, former
      Wall Township attorney Roger McLaughlin, Bob McAllen and the RAB, and Betsy Merritt of the National Trust for Historic Preservation the Camp
      Evans Historic District is still here.

      We enter this year, 2010 with many historic anniversaries that underscore the importance of our site; the TIROS 50th, April 1st launch & 9th birth of hurricane tracking; the 65th anniverasy of VE Day on May 6th and VJ day on August 15th. We have a number of exciting possibilities. We could see our site named the State of New Jersey WWII Living Memorial and our site could be elevated to National Landmark Status as recommended by the NPS National Landmark Theme Study - WWII and the Home Front. Plus, we are just 4 years away from the 100th anniversary of the completion of the site as the largest wireless station in the Marconi Network of World Encircling High-Powered Wireless Stations.

      Besides the repair of the damage created by BRAC and by time, we face
      the challenges of growth. We are in a good place. We can use the resources of the Association of Science and Technology Centers (ASTC), the preservation guidance provided by the NJ State Historic Preservation Office and the National Park Service to help us along. We have excellent volunteers who care about the Camp Evans Historic district and are dedicated to the mission of InfoAge. We have a growing membership
      and a growing support base. We have credentials - we are Preserve America Stewards. Camp Evans is a Save America's Treasures Project and
      the Township of Wall and the County of Monmouth WWII Living Memorial.
      There are so many good possibilities available for us to grasp.

      Welcome to 2010 and our decade.
    • Timothy Fagan
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 6, 2010
        I hate to admit I know this, but the band was named Right Said Fred. :-)

        Sent from my iPhone