floppies on overdrive?

  • mejeep_ferret
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 6, 2010
      I'm forced to clean up even more so this is a little "off topic"

      1) I have a stack of 3.5" floppy drives (and who doesn't?).
      What are the "keepers": Teac or Mitsumi?
      Are any particular models desirable?

      2) I think there are some 720k 5.25" floppy drives amid the
      360k and 1.2Meg. Are there any mfgr/models to watch for?
      I'm unsure I have time to google each one.

      3) Anyone interested in a Pentium Pro system
      or a 80486/133 overdrive system?
      They were interesting "lasp gasps" for that technology.

      -- Jeff J
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 6, 2010
        The most useful 3.5 drives have the jumpers or switches to change density.

        I am currently looking for a Chinon F-353 AT II 3.5 disk drive. It's to
        repair an external Atari ST520 disk drive SF354). It's the classic
        story; get a "free system" and then spend $75 to repair it! Best
        Electronics has one for $75, but I am looking for other options first.
        http://www.vintagecomputer.net/browse_thread.cfm?id=304
        Bill