Re: [midatlanticretro] Word/Excel for Classic Mac questions

  • Richard Cini
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 1, 2010
      Re: [midatlanticretro] Word/Excel for Classic Mac questions Jeff --

          Thanks a lot. I have something like 95 files that need converting so anything that can speed it up would be appreciated.

      Rich

      On 1/1/10 10:32 PM, "Jeffrey Brace" <ark72axow@...> wrote:

      Sorry I only have Excel, Word 3.0, 4.0, 5.0 (mabye 6.0). It's been a while since I have used them. Not sure if there is a converter for Word 6. But I know that there should be a program that will convert a bunch of files at once into different formats. Mac Link Plus was the name of it I believe.  Not sure if this helps. I will take a look at my disks and see if there is anything else that can help you.

      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 2, 2010
        Hi Rich,
        I have Word 5 and Excel 4 for MAC if that would be of any help.
        I'm also in the process of bringing a ton of files into the 21st Century and going cross-platform. These include Word, Excel, Filemaker, and Quicken. I've had the most luck with the EXCEL format, I've also been able to convert Quicken.

        I'm using Applescript to "bulk convert" Word files, but haven't decided yet on what the best format to use (text, RTF, or HTML).

        I'll be posting my progress at:
        http://www.pacswinsig.org/forums/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=1314

        Good luck,
        Ron